“Great hotel!!”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Great hotel!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

What an amazing hotel! 19 of us stayed here and they could not do enough for us. Our stay included a 3 course meal and breakfast the next day. Excellent food, great value for money, friendly staff and great location!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank lll787
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay; thank you for letting us know. I understand that you were part of a hen party so I hope that the wedding day celebrations are enjoyed by all and we hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
  • Polish first
oxon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I don't agree with the previous comments about the Hotel being shabby - far from it. Very clean and tidy in all areas. Room basic but very clean and we asked for a king size bed which we got. Excellent meal in the evening. We ate before 6.30pm and got 15% off the bill though they do not advertise this anywhere in the Hotel. It is on the website and I had to ask for the discount which the staff did not seem to know about. I am sure they would get more people eating in the Hotel if they advertised this more as people tend to go out to eat. Lovely breakfast as well. All staff very pleasant. Though when booking I got different prices from different staff when I rang up.
As for the seagulls and the heat - yes this is very off putting and I did not get a wink of sleep all night, so I slept in the car on the way home. (as a passenger :o))

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobby18
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I was pleased to read that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay and found the food and service to a high standard. I am sorry about the confusion regarding the Early Bird discount and rooms rates; whilst no excuse, we have recently had a number of new staff join our team but I have ensured that they are now aware of these points. My apologies also for the disturbance caused by the seagulls. The city is aware of the issue and the population has indeed decreased over the past few years due to the humane methods the local authority uses. The bedrooms do not currently benefit from air conditioning but this is something that is being investigated. I do hope that these issues will not deter you froom returning and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

After planning the wedding for over 12 months, with Kenny, the special day arrived with still a million and one small things to do.....Irfan (and Amit) and his team made everything run as smooth as clockwork....his attention to detail was second to none and no stone was left unturned. I would recommend this venue for your wedding, or any function come to that, as you will not be disappointed. Kim & Julie

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim M
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience; I am delighted that you, your family and guests enjoyed your daughter's wedding day with us. Kenny, Irfan & Ahmad will be very happy to have been personally mentioned and as a result, they each receive a box of chocolates. Please do bear us in mind for any future celebrations!
Ellenton, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have stayed here many times over the years and always fully enjoyed my stays, be it on business or with family. This visit last week was no exception, from checking in at front desk to having a grat room provided. All the staff are just so helpful as had been said many times before. Am back again this week so I know how well I will be looked after. One thing to remember if travelling by train to leave at Worcester Foregate Street where the hotel if right opposite. Do travel to Worcester Shrub Hill as its over a mile from hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay; the team & I are delighted that you find everything to a high standard and suitable for your needs. One point however, as there is a small typing error and that is 'don't' get off at Shrub Hill station as it is Foregate Street Station that is closest to the hotel, opopsite in fact. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here whilst visiting my family in Worcester. It is convenient for the city and the staff are mostly fine, but the rooms are much too hot and the fan provided is inadequate to cool the room. I asked for a quiet room and got one overlooking the car park which looked ok until the seagulls started up and the noise was appalling. The walls are quite thin and luckily I brought my own shower cap and flannels (not provided). Some areas were worn and dated and some carpets dirty. The small pool was ok and I chatted to several locals who are allowed in to swim. They recommended other better pools and gyms I could attend. The breakfast was quite good and plentiful. I did not eat any other meals here as my family recommended two restaurants locally, the Marwood and Bills in town centre. Judy was very helpful and professional on the desk, but another receptionist could not find me a standard room for an extra night even though my daughter was in hospital and I could not afford a superior room.
Would I stay here again? Probably not as I have now found other better options.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel is quietest but you have to love seagulls! All rooms seem to be boiling hot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate you for the additional night but pleased to read that the service you received from Judy was friendly and professional who as a result of being personally mentioned receives a box of chocolates. I have taken on board the other comments you raised and would welcome the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Attended a wedding here and stopped over. The service was amazing all day long. Staff were all polite an helpful. The room was fantastic with high standard if cleanliness. They looked after the bride and bridal party throughout their whole stay as if they were royalty. Couldn't fault anything about any part of the time I was there. Breakfast the next day was also good. Felt relaxed and well looked after the entire time

• Stayed July 2014
I am delighted that you had a fabulous and relaxing stay and found the service levels to be of a high standard; thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

First the major plus: couldn't be more conveniently situated for a city hotel, with all amenities close at hand.
Sadly, the positive ends there. The hotel is shabby and dated. Our room was very basic, and I have never stayed anywhere in this price range that doesn't provide a shower cap and face flannels - appalling.
Depressing decor in the common rooms. Breakfast extremely poor, with greasy, cold buffet and pastries dried up and unappetising. Waiter just shrugged when I asked if milk was semi-skimmed, so I had to ask another chap who also didn't know, but was at least prepared to ask in the kitchen - unbelievable!
Seagulls screeching all night long put paid to any sleep, although obviously this is not the fault of the hotel. Does not make for a relaxing stay though. Also, there is no air conditioning, so it was like trying to sleep in a sauna.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, is all I would say!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Vivien B
I am sorry that your stay did not meet with your expectations and that the service and quality of breakfast was below our usual high standards. Please be assured that I have spoken to the Head of Department concerned in order to ensure there is not a recurrence. We have thousands of guests stay at the hotel and it is difficult to please everyone's taste in decor as it is personal but I have to disagree with your comment about the 'common areas' being shabby. Flannels and shower caps were removed from the rooms many years ago due to lack of use but I offer my apologies for a less than perfect sleep. Whilst unfortunately the hotel bedrooms do not benefit from air conditioning we do not state that they do although this currently being looked into and as you say the noise created by the seagulls is somewhat out of my control especially as they are a protected species but the local authority is aware of the issue and is managing to reduce the population in a humane way. Perhaps I can suggest a return visit in the autumn when the seagulls have left the city and the temperature is cooler.