“Pleasant hotel in need of a little TLC”

Worcester Whitehouse Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is a pleasant hotel in the centre of Worcester.
Check in was efficient, with friendly approachable staff.
My room was well equipped and furnished. Standard hotel fittings including room safe. Both the bedroom and bathroom were in generally good condition, but there were a small number of areas that just needed a little attention - this was predominantly areas that housekeeping could resolve within a few minutes. The net curtains were in need of a wash, window seal has not been dusted recently, and the walls could do with a wipe down in various areas. The carpet in the corridor is showing signs of wear and tear (ripped in places). However, over all the hotel is pleasant enough, and if these few observations were addressed I would have awarded it 4/5 rather than 3/5. (see photos for examples)
Free Wi-Fi throughout all the areas of the hotel that I managed to locate myself.
Breakfast was good, with a good choice of hot and cold fayre. The breakfast room is functional rather than comfortable.
I had a good nights sleep and was not disturbed by either internal or external noise.
A small car park is on site, I managed to get a space, but I would imagine if the hotel was fully booked you may struggle. Reserving a car parking space is available at an additional cost, so if car parking on site is absolutely essential I would advise you to book in advance.
Overall, a good hotel with room for improvement.

Room Tip: Book a car parking space if on-site parking is essential to you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank S D
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent visit; I am pleased that you had an enjoyable stay. Thank you also for your constructive feedback with regards to the issues you encountered; I have spoken to the team in order to recify these as soon as possible. We do have a rolling maintenance program throughout the hotel and I am sorry that the room you stayed required some work. Please be assured that this room has moved to the top of the list. I hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,095)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

What an amazing hotel! 19 of us stayed here and they could not do enough for us. Our stay included a 3 course meal and breakfast the next day. Excellent food, great value for money, friendly staff and great location!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lll787
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay; thank you for letting us know. I understand that you were part of a hen party so I hope that the wedding day celebrations are enjoyed by all and we hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I don't agree with the previous comments about the Hotel being shabby - far from it. Very clean and tidy in all areas. Room basic but very clean and we asked for a king size bed which we got. Excellent meal in the evening. We ate before 6.30pm and got 15% off the bill though they do not advertise this anywhere in the Hotel. It is on the website and I had to ask for the discount which the staff did not seem to know about. I am sure they would get more people eating in the Hotel if they advertised this more as people tend to go out to eat. Lovely breakfast as well. All staff very pleasant. Though when booking I got different prices from different staff when I rang up.
As for the seagulls and the heat - yes this is very off putting and I did not get a wink of sleep all night, so I slept in the car on the way home. (as a passenger :o))

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobby18
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

I was pleased to read that on the whole you had an enjoyable stay and found the food and service to a high standard. I am sorry about the confusion regarding the Early Bird discount and rooms rates; whilst no excuse, we have recently had a number of new staff join our team but I have ensured that they are now aware of these points. My apologies also for the disturbance caused by the seagulls. The city is aware of the issue and the population has indeed decreased over the past few years due to the humane methods the local authority uses. The bedrooms do not currently benefit from air conditioning but this is something that is being investigated. I do hope that these issues will not deter you froom returning and that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

After planning the wedding for over 12 months, with Kenny, the special day arrived with still a million and one small things to do.....Irfan (and Amit) and his team made everything run as smooth as clockwork....his attention to detail was second to none and no stone was left unturned. I would recommend this venue for your wedding, or any function come to that, as you will not be disappointed. Kim & Julie

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kim M

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience; I am delighted that you, your family and guests enjoyed your daughter's wedding day with us. Kenny, Irfan & Ahmad will be very happy to have been personally mentioned and as a result, they each receive a box of chocolates. Please do bear us in mind for any future celebrations!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have stayed here many times over the years and always fully enjoyed my stays, be it on business or with family. This visit last week was no exception, from checking in at front desk to having a grat room provided. All the staff are just so helpful as had been said many times before. Am back again this week so I know how well I will be looked after. One thing to remember if travelling by train to leave at Worcester Foregate Street where the hotel if right opposite. Do travel to Worcester Shrub Hill as its over a mile from hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
RachaelMitchell, General Manager at Worcester Whitehouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay; the team & I are delighted that you find everything to a high standard and suitable for your needs. One point however, as there is a small typing error and that is 'don't' get off at Shrub Hill station as it is Foregate Street Station that is closest to the hotel, opopsite in fact. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here whilst visiting my family in Worcester. It is convenient for the city and the staff are mostly fine, but the rooms are much too hot and the fan provided is inadequate to cool the room. I asked for a quiet room and got one overlooking the car park which looked ok until the seagulls started up and the noise was appalling. The walls are quite thin and luckily I brought my own shower cap and flannels (not provided). Some areas were worn and dated and some carpets dirty. The small pool was ok and I chatted to several locals who are allowed in to swim. They recommended other better pools and gyms I could attend. The breakfast was quite good and plentiful. I did not eat any other meals here as my family recommended two restaurants locally, the Marwood and Bills in town centre. Judy was very helpful and professional on the desk, but another receptionist could not find me a standard room for an extra night even though my daughter was in hospital and I could not afford a superior room.
Would I stay here again? Probably not as I have now found other better options.

Room Tip: Rear of hotel is quietest but you have to love seagulls! All rooms seem to be boiling hot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry we were unable to accommodate you for the additional night but pleased to read that the service you received from Judy was friendly and professional who as a result of being personally mentioned receives a box of chocolates. I have taken on board the other comments you raised and would welcome the opportunity of being of service to you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Attended a wedding here and stopped over. The service was amazing all day long. Staff were all polite an helpful. The room was fantastic with high standard if cleanliness. They looked after the bride and bridal party throughout their whole stay as if they were royalty. Couldn't fault anything about any part of the time I was there. Breakfast the next day was also good. Felt relaxed and well looked after the entire time

• Stayed: July 2014

I am delighted that you had a fabulous and relaxing stay and found the service levels to be of a high standard; thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.