“New Hotel in Central Location”

Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for the weekend - and decided to try this newly opened hotel. Location is terrific - right on the side of the river overlooking the bridge, and 5 minutes walk into the town centre. There is car park adjacent, which at £4.50 per 24 hours is stunning value. It took us two attempts to locate the car-park entrance - its immediately after the bridge & easy to miss - but its just a short drive around the 1-way loop to get back again. Everything else was just as expected at a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
karena d, Manager at Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

I am very please to hear that you think our location is terrific, the views from each side of the hotel are magnificent. I'm glad you found the car park pricing good value for money.
We have experienced several issues with guests finding the car park; you will be happy to hear we now have a sign placed by the entrance to the car park which has made it a lot more clear.
I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I've stayed in several Premier Inn's in the past but this is by far my favourite. I stayed here last night and the rooms were great (spacious, well kept etc), the staff were very friendly/helpful & the food was lovely. It's a perfect location for the city centre but also convenient for St John's etc. As a solo female traveller safety is also important and security was brilliant with the usual key card system. My room was over looking the cricket club and there was no exterior noise whatsoever. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank DrEmmaPreece

Thank you for your fantastic comments following your recent stay here at Worcester City Centre Premier Inn. I’m very glad to hear that our location suited your needs and that you found our rooms spacious and well kept, I will pass on your lovely feedback to the whole team who will be most pleased.
I look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

stayed overnight to visit friends, we used to live in Worcester and watched this hotel being built last year so we knew it would be new, clean and tidy.
Luckily the floods had not reached the car park which belongs to the cricket club so paid £4.50 for 24 hours. Room clean and tidy, good lighting with a view over the river but a bit small.
Bed was comfy although a little high for those under 6 foot tall and the 6 footers would struggle to be comfortable in it. Take your own shower gel if like me you hate Imperial Leather yuk!
Breakfast was typical of this grade of hotel but improved by a very helpful waitress called Jesse who provided a breakfast serving that was worthy of a 5 star hotel an enjoyable cooked breakfast a very welcome bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review us following your recent visit to Worcester City Centre, I was very happy to read that you found our rooms clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the food served during the breakfast service.
Your kind comments have been passed on.
Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Worcester City Centre Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Daughter at Uni so had been waiting for hotel to open, had spent a lot of my life at various time in Worcester, and for a few years in 80s been a member at Worcestershire County Cricket Club so was nice to seen what they had done. First impressions , car park full although partially flooded.they have gone for automated check in although helpful staff member .Clare at hand to talk me through it. Room was excellent, very roomy, lots of plugs, as always very comfortable with added bonus of a lovely view of a very flooded New Road Cricket Ground, my memories of Glen Turner, Grahme Hick , Tim Curtis came flooding :-) back..
Only small issue was couldn't open the room window at all (but I assume overlooking a professional cricket pitch there are obvious reasons. not sure whom the equivalent of Hick is these days I am hoping they are reinforced !
One concern which maybe someone at hotel could respond to (did ask staff there but they didn't know answers ) is as the car park appears to be owned by cricket club, is what happens on match days, I did ask the question of staff there as I have booked three rooms for a weekend in May, but see that our first night a Friday coincides with a evening 20/20 game. Hopefully other arrangements are in hand got guest parking? Other small gripe as someone else alluded to is the entrance to car park is not terribly clear and I along with many others that I witnessed drove in off main road into what was the exit, could do with been made a lot clearer.
Sorry for the long write up, small issues but the main comment would be another lovely hotel great location , lovely river walks, 5 mins max walk into City Center , really friendly and helpful staff Would highly recommend

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bourneirish

Thank you for your kind review.
I was very pleased to read that you had an excellent stay with us and that you found our staff to be helpful and attentive.
We do have parking arrangements in place for when cricket matches are on and I can only apologise for this not being relayed to you properly.
The car park was initially an issue, however, we have now had a sign delivered; the decision driven by your very helpful feedback.
I hope to welcome you back to the Worcester City Centre Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel had only been open for 6 days when we stayed and, for the most part, it seemed like it had been open for longer as the staff were brilliant and had the place running very efficiently. All the expected comforts were there and obviously the rooms were immaculate.
The only problems we encountered were with the car parking. The signage into the car park was very ambiguous and some drivers were turning into the hotel car park via the Exit road. I believe that this problem is being addressed as several of us complained about it as it could be potentially dangerous. Unfortunately the River Severn was very swollen and the hotel car park was affected by the river encroaching on the periphery of it. I'm not sure what steps can be taken to improve this in the future but the staff had the situation monitored constantly. Finally, although not a complaint, it would have been a bonus if the hotel gave tokens for parking instead of having to pay for the length of your stay. Having said all of this, I would definitely recommend a stay here as it's right in the centre of Worcester.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnEandCharles

It was delightful to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us. It was particularly warming to know that you found all elements of your stay good, as well as a friendly and welcoming service from the team. It was down to your feedback, as well as other people's feedback since your stay that has lead to us ordering a sign for the car park, which seems to of helped the matter.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Worcester.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Very clean, friendly service and near where we wanted to visit
Enjoyed a good night sleep
Went with my daughter and she is very particular when it comes to cleanliness
Walked barefoot in the room which we never do.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jo B

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.
It was such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed a good nights sleep and that you found your room comfortable and very clean.
We hope to welcome you back to the Worcester City Centre Premier Inn soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

I was one of the first people to stay here before it officially opened, the hotel is located on the edge of Worcestershire County Cricket Ground, it's brand new. The staff on reception were very welcoming, considerate and helpful. The restaurant is very nice and the food good. I had dinner and breakfast. The staff are still training but its obvious that they're being trained well. One of the female restaurant staff could do with a personality but apart from that they were very nice and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. As I live just outside Worcester I will probably never stay here again but I would have no hesitation in recommending it to visitors of Worcester.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank sangipan

Thank you for your fabulous feedback following your stay at the Worcester City Centre Premier Inn; it is really appreciated.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff considerate and helpful.
We would also like to thank you for considering us in your recommendations to others.