Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel
  • Pool
Fownes Hotel(Worcester)
  • Room Service
1,110 results
All reviewscricket groundchicken clubcar parkcricket matchthe rivermatch daysthyme restaurantcricket fanpay and displaymeal dealone way systemworcester city centregreat positionself servicefew minutes walkair conwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having spent two nights in a costly old hotel in Wisbech Cambs (no P. Inn nearby) climbed over 50 uneven stairs to an attic tired room and bathroom. We were delighted to book into the Premier Inn in Worcester for three nights, where a good clean room and fab. bathroom and helpful friendly staff come as standard. We always stay at Premier Inns whenever possible. Good value for money and highly recommended.

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the cricket ground so ask for one of these if you are interested. The restaurant has a great view over the cricket ground too.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This, almost new, hotel is very well placed at the west end of the main bridge in Worcester, 10-15 mins walk from the cathedral and actually abutting the county cricket ground. (We could see the play from our window and it is also watchable from the small hotel lounge area). There is no car park or space outside the building belonging to the hotel; there is a large adjacent municipal pay and display with a charge of £4.50 per day. The restaurant is OK, we ate there 3 times in our 4 night stay, and the buffet breakfast is good enough. There is an air of amateurishness about the catering. They ran out of orange juice at breakfast. We had to brush debrit from the chairs before sitting down. The staff were very pleasant but there appeared to be nobody in overall charge. The Premier boast of a good night's sleep or your money back is reassuring and on the whole our room was quiet. But this comes with sealed double glazing and sleeping in air conditioning. Although the bed was comfortable we did not sleep all that well finding it difficult to get the right temperature and longing for the waft of the balmy summer air. The spacious room was sparsely furnished. The only comfortable place to sit was the bed. The very small 'wardrobe' has the rail pointing towards you so that it is awkward to reach clothes at the back, and there was only one drawer in the room. The bathroom was very well appointed with an excellent shower. So the overall standard is 'good enough' and suited to the single people on business trips who appear to be its main customers. Would we stay there again? Well not at the price we paid having booked ahead almost before the hotel was open. This rating reflects the limited value for money of our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the cricket ground.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

on the plus side, we were checked into the room an hour early, as we needed to change for a wedding, however the room must have had some kind of flood from the toilet; when we mentioned this to someone from housekeeping as we were heading out of the hotel to the wedding, they had already been made aware of it, making the fact that we were checked into the room quite inexplicable!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kiwidave69
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Worcester City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This new, presumably purpose built, hotel ia admirably sitauted on the edge of the county cricket ground with excellent views of such ground from both bedrooms and lounge. It is close to the town centre, the river and the cathedral.

The staff were most polite and helpful, particularly at reception going out of their way to provide extra rooms for a wedding parthy to change.

The room was spacious and admirably equiped with all one might expect and more. Bathroom facilities were particularly good. The room was maintained efficiently and promptly by the staff throughout the stay.

.A daily car park charge of £4-50 was acceptable in the context of its location.
Due to commitment elsewhere only breakfast was taken but this was of a high standard at reasoable cost in very pleasant surroundings.

It was unusual to have to pay at the bar rather than to put the cost on the hotel bill but on reflection, was not a problem and probably a general practise adopted for obvious reasons.

The two night stay was a most enjoyable experience due to the excellence of the hotel anc its facilities and the friendly and efficient work of its staff.
I would have no hesitation in recommending it to any propective visitor.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I picked this hotel because of its location, and spent an astronomical (to me) £239 on a two night stay, room only. I travelled by train, to prevent city centre parking issues; Worcester Foregate station and all the events I was attending as part of the Three Choirs Festival (the cathedral, Angel Centre, and Huntingdon Hall) were within easy walking distance. The city centre location is ideal, and I never felt I was deficient in not having my car with me.

Reception is very very Spartan, two self check-in screens, and a small stand-up desk with laptop between them. The staff are often elsewhere, but pressing the call button always brought someone to the 'desk' promptly.

The staff are the friendliest and most helpful I've ever come across in an hotel chain, nothing was too much trouble, endlessly cheerful, really nice. They brought food up to my room, gave me refills for the milk and coffee when I ran out, even late at night, and adjusted the air conditioning remotely when I felt I was suffocating in the heat (and before I discovered that there is a control in the room).

The room was spotlessly clean, the bathroom gleaming, and the bed the most comfy I've ever slept in, with a whole heap of very bouncy pillows (I usually sleep semi-upright on 5 at home).

Wifi is available, but a bit stingy, the free part is only 30 minutes a day, any more than that and it's £3 for 24 hours, forcing you through a proxy login screen each time you connect; the signal on the third floor is very weak, and whilst satisfactory for instant messaging, some web pages took a long time to load, even with scripting and images disabled. I am not impressed with the broken certificate chain for SSL (https:// sites) either, my web browser threw multiple warnings on the login screens about certificates not matching the domains that they were being used for, pretty poor coding practice there I feel. In fact I couldn't pay online for the wifi at all, the certificate chain was all wrong, and I couldn't bring myself to pay via Paypal as I would have had to log into 'Paypal' (in a very strange domain) to do it. I ended up buying a voucher from reception and putting that into the box instead.

However....I have only given this hotel three out of five because there isn't a single opening window in the building, which I did not know about when I booked, and which, for me, is an absolutely massive minus.

I walked into the room, it had been a very warm day, and felt as though I was going to suffocate, the air felt thick, I went to open the window...to find that it was double glazed and sealed. I have to suffer the effects of over-dry air conditioned recycled air all day at work, it plays havoc with my nose and sinuses, I do not want it when I am anywhere else. I also sleep with the window open in summer, needing fresh air to sleep properly. I then had a choice, either feel as though I couldn't breathe in an overheating air sealed room, or have the air conditioning on all night, which, in the quiet of the night, sounded like Concorde taking off. Concorde won, and I tried very hard to sleep with the racket, finding it impossible to sleep without even the pretence of a breeze, but it resulted in me waking up every couple of hours. Serious fail Premier Inn, why no openable windows?

I didn't invoke the sleep guarantee because the staff were really friendly and they'd been so nice I didn't want to seem any more miserable than I'd already been (I did complain about the windows when I first arrived), but I'd have to consider very carefully if I'd want to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo