“Travelodge Worcester”

Travelodge Worcester
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was my first stay in one of the refurbished Travelodge hotels that offers food and a bar. I found it a clear improvement - although I have always found Travelodge to be good value for money. the alternatives others rave about (Premier Inn etc.) are just so expensive.

There are newer reviews for Travelodge Worcester

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed here for a night on 13th February right at the time of the floods! The hotel assured us by phone the previous day that everything was fine so we came. The comments about the hotel being difficult to find are a bit harsh as the sat nav took us straight to the car park. The car park was a bit expensive but hotel guests get a £3 discount which brings the cost down to £9 for 24 hours parking.

Hotel location was right next to the Cathedral and was very convenient for the city centre.

The room was an adequate size, not the biggest I have stayed in but was big enough for the two of us. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and the en suite was compact without being too small.

We had planned to eat out in the evening but instead plumped for the hotel when we saw the menu. The meals were reasonably priced and there was plenty to eat on the plates. Breakfast time came and we had breakfast in the hotel as well. This was standard fare, cereals, croissants, juice and such like followed by a hot buffet breakfast - bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs and beans. No danger of going hungry, it was eat as much as you want!

A special mention has to be made of the staff, those on duty worked extremely hard and seemed to double up on reception and the bar. Added to the fact the hotel was very busy due to the floods - a number of local residents had been flooded out so had to stay in the hotel, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful.

All in all, if I was to return to Worcester I would have no qualms about staying here again and would book it as my first choice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank saddlersfan
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed whilst house hunting in the area - clean and comfortable room at an excellent price - staff were very helpful - location right next to the cathedral - we had a room at the back with big picture window overlooking the city - could not fault it

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My escapade started in the fourth floor room that faced the 'wonderful' cathedral ! My bed sheets had stains, the bathroom was disgusting. The sink didn't empty, I put my fingers in the plughole to try and empty it and it was FULL of gunge ! The shower had pubes in it. The plug under the TV was broken and I couldn't charge my phone. I had a long day and then was faced with 2 WHOLE hours of church bell practice ! which was made worse as the window seals were faulty leaving the room drafty and VERY noisy. The bell practise went from 8:30pm to 10:30pm !!!!! My key card needed several attempts to gain access to my room. The plugs....as with other Travelodges is set so far away you aren't able to have your phone on your bedside to charge it. The staff at the main desk took ages for anything....including booking in as their systems were slow.....I'm going to stop now !

Room Tip: Choose another hotel !
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Dianne from Customer Services at Travelodge Worcester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

We are very sorry to learn of the problems you experienced during your stay with us NORRIE3699. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns you have raised as we really do not expect our customers to be allocated a room which has not been cleaned to our high standards. We would appreciate it if you could please visit our website and select the Contact Us button to provide us with more information regarding the issues raised and to confirm your booking. Please also indicate you have left a TripAdvisor review.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

stopped here with friends for a 1 night stop couldn't fault the place great location opp cathedral right in centre ov Worcester staff very helpful would stop here again with out hesitation..all day car park right next door to hotel..

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Recently stayed here during the week on a training course.
The room was very clean and reasonably spacious, The staff at reception and bar/restaurant were both friendly and welcoming.
Hotel can be tricky to find if you're driving as entrance is on a busy roundabout tucked inside the shopping mall, but that's the only slight criticism I can give this place.
The location could not be better for visiting Worcester cathedral or the atmospheric friar street shambles.
I will be certainly be visiting Worcester again in the near future and will be staying at this Hotel.

Room Tip: A ticket for parking at nearby NCP can be obtained at reception. This entitles you to £3 reduction o...
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Excellent stay in worcester staff are friendly hotel was clean and fresh looking, breakfast is great quality and worth every penny, fabulous location in the town centre for shopping and plenty of places nearby to eat out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends