“Mixed feelings ”
Review of My Coffee And Company - CLOSED

My Coffee And Company
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: My Coffee offers artisan wood-roasted speciality coffees, quality loose leaf teas, tasty Panini's, toasties, sandwiches, soups, and lovely cakes. Also summer smoothies, and licenced for wines, beers etc. A quiet retreat from the busy street for a morning coffee break, afternoon snack with friends or glass of something cool and refreshing after work.
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Wow, someone has really injected a lot of money to start up this new coffee shop. The interior is fab and atmosphere relaxing. The choice of drinks is vast and although we didn't try food is looked reasonably priced and the sweet items homemade.

My first disappointment was being told it was 20p extra for decaf. This has only ever happened to me once before and I very much begrudge paying extra for the privilege of no caffeine.

We sat down whilst our drinks were made and were immediately put off by the fact that a few of friends of staff were quite loud on a nearby table and the staff themselves were joining in. This kind of behaviour I feel always alienates customers.

The staff were so distracted that when our drinks were brought over they didn't know which was the decaf. We were then asked if we wanted sugar but the chatter amongst the friends and staff started up again and we ended up getting our own.

The coffee was lovely - not sure who got the decaf though! I'd just say please don't spoil this great new coffee shop with poor staff and customer service.

3  Thank Itsrudenotto

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My work means I get to spend a lot of time in Worcester’s café’s, so I know from more experience than most which are the best and which aren’t worth a bean. With different accompanying offers, probably five or six serve really good coffee, the rest I would not particularly bother with for the coffee alone. On a recommendation, I made my first visit, yesterday 14th, to MY Coffee. It is so good to welcome another independent to the city centre, where there is real energy to differentiate themselves and be outstanding at what they do and to be part of the Worcester city centre wider community. Sorry, I nearly forgot to mention … MY Coffee’s coffee is No.1 in Worcester!

1  Thank Peter D
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

I popped in for a drink whilst shopping in Worcester. I'm a firm believer in using independents, rather than the faceless chains that crop up in every town, city or petrol station!
The shop is in a good central location, at Worcester Cross, just opposite NatWest. Staff were friendly and the place has a very welcoming atmosphere. It has nice decor with a mix of tables, chairs and sofas. There is a courtyard area at the back of the shop which is a bonus and it had a good selection or papers and books.
A varied selection of drinks and food is on offer and prices are very reasonable. I had the espresso, it was excellent - served in a warm cup so it didn't go stone cold before drunk (M&S take note please) and served with water which I didn't have to ask for, which is nice for a change!
Highly recommended- give it a go next time you're in Worcester rarther than one of those boring anonymous chains!