“Lovely stay until breakfast”

Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Worcester
“Lovely stay until breakfast”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Stayed in this lovely hotel on Tuesday night had a wonderful dinner only to get up and have scrambled egg with wire wool in it for breakfast nice hygiene standards when the waitress cleared no other breakfast was offered we were told it would be taken of our bill but then were told that couldn't happen because we were only groupon customers ( second class citizens apparently ) shame had a really nice dinner and a lovely room to be ruined by a very poor standard breakfast and customer service would do well to remember a groupon customer is still a paying customer and future repeat business not second class citizens because they have shopped around for a deal

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Daddycowley
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, 27 October 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for staying with us and for your comments on Tripadvisor.
I am sorry to hear what happened to you for Breakfast and can only apologise.
I am also very concerned about the way you have been treated and would like you, if possible, to contact me directly to discuss and therefore will carry out a full investigation. michael.pique@thepeartree.co.uk
I can assure you that we do not treat Groupon Customers as second class citizens and have done a lot of successful offers with Groupon with positive comments.
Yours sincerely,

Michael Pique

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2012

From arrival before the wedding to departure on the following day the staff as individuals and as a team were cheerful and helpful throughout. wedding arrangements were completed to all of our requirements. The reception rooms were very nice and the food for the reception was no less than excellent. Numerous guests had travelled some distances and stayed over night. All commented that the whole experience was wonderful. A compliment to which we as the brides parents can only add.thank you to all staff. The hotel disco was another good choice with music to please all,and not too loud either.Thank you, Dave n Jenny Simpson.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David S
Dear Mr and Mrs Simpson,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your lovely comments on Tripadvisor.
I will pass on your thanks to my team.
Kind regards,

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Had a great time good food at a fair price Rooms were clean and airy. Staff were friendly and even through there was a wedding going on did not disturb us at all .Are stay included free admission to Nearby safari park.The weather was kind to us so all the animals were close and lively.Would stay there again

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cazzy_69
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed at the pear tree last week with work. Overall it was very average. Check in was horrendous and took forever and this was with no queue. That evening the food i have to say was exceptional. The service was also fantastic. My room was also very good. The next day we used the conference facilities which were average at best and unfortunatly there was quite an unpleasent smell outside our conference room. The location is fantastic and this is certainly a venue with potential but there a few issues that let it down which is a shame.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn and Country Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comments which I have passed on to my team.
I am sorry to hear that the meeting room didn't meet your expectation and unfortunetly as we are surrounded with fields sometimes farmers fertilise their grounds and it could smell.
Can you please let me know a bit more about the conference room so we can improve.
Kind regards
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2012

went to friends wedding last friday after wedding reception then evening party.
the venue is great and perfect for a wedding party although some staff need a kick up the rear!
the barman in the small bar area where we ate the wedding meal speaches etc......was very very slow and un prepared glasses were nearly as warm as the beer so i opted for the wine (merlot priced at £14 fair deal) he was never behind the bar, we all got the impression that he was doing about six jobs as he kept dissapearing into the kitchen then off somwhere else then back again with no appology or explanation as to wher hed been.
it all looked to me that nobody was "taking the bull by the horns" as far as management was concerned.Shame as its an ideal place to have a wedding

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mark_daniels2
swansea
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Bought a groupon for accommodation (on b and b basis) with entry to west mids safari park included. Decided to visit park before checking in so picked up voucher from hotel and off we set. Great visit but shame about weather. The hotel was lovely. Room was spotless and nicely decorated. We upgraded to the evening meal option which was a bargain 20 pounds pp with s free bottle of fizz thrown in. Food was delicious, staff friendly and drink prices reasonable. There is nothing around the hotel but an ideal location for a relaxing stay. Would recommend without a doubt and intend to return.

• Stayed September 2012
Alfreton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Used a Groupon voucher to stay at the Pear Tree with my girlfriend so got great value. Tried to book a table for evening meal but had to ring several times before the phone was answered.

First impressions were good. Rolling hills and fabulous views. Plenty of parking and a good looking hotel. Straight to reception and booking in was simple and friendly.

The room was spacious and clean. The decor is starting to look in need of an upgrade. On the plus side there was tv and tea & coffee facilities though it would have been nice if the only pack of biscuits had not already been opened by a previous guest. Free wifi was good and the linen was spotless.

On the downside the bed base showed and was old and tatty with a few stains. There were 2 screws sticking out of a wall where a picture should have been. Also the alcove light did not work. There were 2 lamps, 1 had no bulb and the second needed a new fuse. 3 broken lights is not a good start.

The furniture was sturdy and in good condition but looked dated. Old fashioned rather than character.

We went for an evening meal and the staff were friendly. Prices were reasonable, if not budget. Now for the big problem. I had a pasta dish which came with a red pepper like vegetable on top. The table next to me had similar dishes served at the same time also with this vegetable garnish.
I grow peppers and this looked like one of my small home grown red peppers. I popped half in my mouth and started chewing. I was immediately hit by hiccups, burning mouth and tears streaming down my face. My tongue felt swollen and burnt. The pain was incredible.

At the same time the man at the next table spat his out and the woman did likewise. They had beer and started to swill it down. I had only wine and ran to the nearest toilet swilling my mouth with water from the tap as my mouth burned. When I got back to my table I was in severe pain and the waitress had to bring me milk to settle my mouth. The table next to me needed a glass of water.

It turned out that the red pepper was actually a scotch bonnet, one of the hottest peppers available. I like a chilli and a curry. I like chilli's and tabasco on my pizza but this really hurt. Serving this with no warning was inexcusable. I went to the duty manager and immediately made my displeasure known.

My meal was ruined as I could not taste any of it. I was kept awake during the night with a hot and swollen stomach so my nights sleep was ruined.

Moving on breakfast was adequate. It's not the best I have had. The black pudding was too thin. The bacon over cooked and the sausage not huge. Service was good and overall I couldn't complain about it either.

Good value, good location awful experience with the meal.

I