“Date Night ”

Saffrons Bistro
Ranked #16 of 346 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$14 - US$34
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2019 via mobile

Wonderful. Lovely food, friendly service and nice wine. Great night out for the two of us. Highly recommended.

2  Thank davidhI7648UH
Write a reviewReviews (938)

Reviewed 12 November 2019 via mobile

Visited Saffrons last weekend and had a really lovely meal with a great wine menu. The team service was great and the atmosphere was good.

2  Thank DSB314
Reviewed 11 November 2019 via mobile

We had a delightful lunch here last week on a cold grey Tuesday lunchtime the place was fairly busy and everybody seem to be enjoying their meals the fish and chips looked particularly good
I had the Mushroom aranchini and my wife had the duck breast salad as our starters. We both had the fish pie as a main, all excellent. We did have to wait short time, bu it was obviously cooked to order

2  Thank colina919
Reviewed 11 November 2019

I dislike writing a negative review about any place I have visited especially a restaurant such as Saffrons which has been a safe pair of hands for more than two decades.

I came here with a friend who I was treating to lunch. I have never had a bad experience here in all the years I have been visiting and was expecting a lovely lunch.

We ordered a platter to share. On the platter were courgettes served in a tempura batter. Tempura batter should be light and fluffy. These courgettes came in a greasy heavy batter of the sort you may find in a third rate chip shop. The courgette inside was slimy. They did not taste freshly made and I wondered if the slimy courgettes were the result of being frozen. The hummus was tasteless. It did not appear to be home made. The arancini arrived separately in a small bowl surrounded by sauce with the result it was soggy and not crisp. We did not finish the platter because it was greasy and unpalatable.

In all the years I have visited Saffrons I have always been served tapenade and crispy bread while looking at the menu. That was not available this time which was disappointing.

For dessert we shared peaches and ice cream. The peaches were fresh but discoloured and crispy. Nothing juicy about them! The ice cream was the best thing we had during the meal.

When I paid I mentioned how greasy the food was and the reply was "I will tell the chef". I think everybody knows the platter was greasy and just hoped they would get away with it.

This was a very disappointing experience. I used to be a great fan of this restaurant and have eaten here many times over the years and brought friends here. I shall come back on my own to see how it is before bringing anyone else here. I really miss the tapenade which was part of of the dining experience.

Other people have written good reviews about Saffrons. I shall not come here again for a long time and when I do I will make sure it is up to the high standard it once was before risking coming here with friends.

1  Thank Hilary P
Reviewed 29 October 2019

Lovely meal with friends
Would reccomend and def go again
Mid range price good quality food nice deserts
Very nice evening out