“Excellent night out! Best in town!”
Review of bushwackers

bushwackers
Ranked #271 of 371 Restaurants in Worcester
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Best night out I have had in a long time. Quick service, lovely bar staff, and brilliant music. Safe to say il be going back there again for my next girls night out :)!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

After visiting this establishment it is obvious that if you were to add up the brain cells of all the management and staff that work there it wouldn't reach double figures. Myself and a friend had met two female colleagues from work after a late shift. It was 10pm on a Saturday night and we wanted to have a few drinks before we went home. We had no problem waiting in the huge queue for approximately 20 mins as the venue seemed to be very popular, despite watching hoards of young people enter through a student entrance with no queue. But unfortunately this venue has a big problem, the door staff! Our two female colleagues had been a few places in front of us in the queue and got in through the doors with no problem and continued on into the venue to wait for us. However when myself and my friend attempted to enter we were refused entry because we were apparently "too drunk". We had just finished work and completely sober and my friend doesn't even drink alcohol. We didn't have time to argue our case as during the next ten minutes we were witnesses to the the most foul and disgusting violent behaviour we have ever seen, as two of these door staff found it necessary to punch a helpless customer to the ground and throw him into the street. It is obvious to us that unless you are an attractive female or a student it is near impossible to gain access passed the huge egos the door staff posses. On the way out my female friend was asked if she wanted to meet up later by one of these disgusting animals that stand on the door. After politely being told "no thanks" she was bombarded with abuse from them with worlds like "slag" and "hore". It is obvious the place makes thousands so the management really couldn't care about the numerous complaints they receive about their staff. Without a doubt, the worst place in the entire town centre.

1  Thank Gavalaa R
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have just been to Bushwackers for lunch today and I'm still shaking now! We waited nearly an hour for the food, people arrived and ordered after us but still received their food first. When the food eventually arrived, my sister's was cold and was missing half the stuff off her plate. I went to take it back to the bar to be greeted by a very rude barman who muttered very loudly on my approach 'oh here we go..' My sister was fuming and asked for her food to be refunded but we didn't have any apology and nobody seemed bothered. The rest of the food was barely edible, we will not be eating here again.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I am guessing I shall write this in the context of my night out on the town in Worcester (People review petrol stations on here)

I arrived, paying £1.50 to safely store my coat & man bag, (using good old fashioned written hieroglyphics to identify my lost belongings). Fair enough.

I matrix moved my way through hoards of drunken people, it was quite an interactive experience getting to the more exclusive back area of the "club". Considering the attractiveness of people increased around this area made me want to order my drink here more. I ordered a bottle of Rose. They had none. My next choice was white wine. It was £0.15 cheaper than the Rose. Bonus. I found it weird I ordered another bottle of wine (Rose) 10 meters away.... I guess it was a stocking issue.

I went to a place called the Crypt. It was in the basement. It was seriously overcrowded. I unintentionally spilled my rum and coke down my work clothes, because my weaving movements were not so amazing. It really irritated me. Me and a friend Sean Paul-ed ourselves through the crowd. It was marginally fun, apart from the hoards of drunk people trying to feel like Britney Spears on her best ever dance performance. Managed to find an escape, it was nice to feel some fresh air.

I would like to say my experience so far is as to be expected considering the intoxication levels I was experiencing at the time. However, I went to the main bar. I wanted to order a few more drinks for me and some friends. I got to the bar, there were no other customers there. Two girls were stood behind the counter, one was arranging her flutes into a pyramid shape. I respect the visual impact of a bar is of up most importance, especially when drunk, so I gave her the benefit of the doubt. The other girl however saw me, blatantly. I waited. Nothing... She spoke to flute woman about serving me, and flute woman just ignored her. I was a bit insulted. So I just left the bar area and went back to good looking bar area where I had much better service.

All in all, Bushwackers smells a bit (urine). It needs a serious overhaul. I find Worcester very boring, this place could be much better. Their food is on the other hand rather good and good value! But for a night out, try and get drunk beforehand, memory less is a must.

2  Thank T M
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Nipped in for a very late lunch today, cannot fault the service, menu or quality of food AND a free drink when you order. Very reasonably priced and a great atmosphere. Will definitely be coming again.

1  Thank Lucylovestoeat