“The Sunday Lunch that never was”
Review of The Druid Inn

The Druid Inn
Ranked #8 of 150 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Sutton, United Kingdom
“The Sunday Lunch that never was”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We rang to check that they were doing food all afternoon and arrived 15 minutes latter to be told that they had sold out.
The pub is set on a very fast road outside of Aberystwyth with a little car park on the other side of the road. The countryside around the area is stunning, unfortunately the Druids Inn cannot say the same, the inside of the pub is well passed its time for a revamp and is looking very tired and shabby.
The staff were quite friendly, if a bit disorganised. The beer is well kept with several real ales on draught.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Gerald Y

wirral
“quality at an affordable price”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

its easy to miss as you are concentrating on the scary welsh roads but spot it in time and you wont be disappointed. I had the steak and ale pie the wife had the lamb and mint pie and our daughter had the spaghetti bolognase. dont expext wetherspoon prices for what is quality home cooked food. oh and before I sign off. the car park. its on the opposite side of the road to the pub and probably holds around 20 cars. the young lad ( with the beard ) that took our food order and brought the food to us was very pleasant and well mannered. all in all a very pleasant family dinning experience and worth every penny.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Went last weekend very busy Beer excellent food excellent lovely friendly place .
Highly recomend . Staff Lovely nice relaxed easy going place with good food and beer .

• Visited July 2014
uk
“Loved this Pub”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Was holidaying in Wales and wanted a nice Pub to eat and we weren't disappointed when we called in one night. Luckily after reading the reviews I decided to call in and book a table as it was a Saturday night. We arrived at 6pm and the Pub began to fill some people being locals which is always a good sign. Very friendly staff really good food and reasonably priced its a shame we live miles away as we would visit more often.. Like other reviewers have said you can see Red Kites flying nearby which my young daughter was excited to see.. So if you are in that area make sure you visit you wont be disappointed honest.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank butcherthedog
York, United Kingdom
“Father's Day treat!”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were on a family nostalgia weekend away revisiting the village my father's family came from. He always went to the Druid Inn, which in those days was a run down pub. I found out they now served food so thought I would surprise my Dad with Father's Day lunch there! It was an amazing experience. We were warmly greeted and welcomed in. We had the Sunday roast and it was fantastic! So much lovely food, with 3 different types of potatoes and 4 different vegetables. I was pleased because I even got a lovely fluffy Yorkshire pudding with my vegetarian lasagne!! We were so full but couldn't resist a chocolate brownie for pudding which was delicious. Everything was obviously fresh and home-made. The lads running the lunch were so lovely and friendly. It was so reasonable as well - 2 courses for £9.95. Such good value, good service and good food. My Dad couldn't believe the transformation in the place and was over the moon with it! Thank you.

Visited June 2014