“Enjoyed our Fri-Mon visit”

Brynowen Holiday Park
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Sun holiday so about £120 Fri to Mon term time. It was a wet weekend so it's not like a strolled leisurely around the grounds but I am an observer and what I saw of the grounds and the internal parts I busied it was all well kept and clean. We fell extremely lucky with our caravan as we were allocated a platinum van so don't be tempted to upgrade until you see what you are given. Prices on site not cheap but same as most uk holiday parks. Warning park is vast and very, very hilly - if my husband did not drive down to the entertainment on the night I would have been tempted to call a taxi back to the caravan! No seriously if you have difficulties with walking or any kind of problems physically sort your caravan allocation out. We were high up the hills where a lot of the premium caravans appeared to be - nice vans and nice views from this location. Staff efficient, we had an issue with some very ASBO kids in the neighbouring van the first night, not realising securities number was on my key ring I could not get in touch with reception. We raised our concerns the next morning, they sent security up who had words and we never heard another peep........we did not use the swimming facilities but the night time kids entertainment in the club was good......

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed here last week, Mon-Fri with 7 of my family including 3 kids , ages 18months and 5yrs. I was expecting much after the reviews on here. I was pleasantly surprised. We booked a silver plus caravan and on arrival it was very clean. We had a great spot, right a the entrance of the park which was really close to the beach. Pool was fine, lovely and warm. Teamstart (entertainment staff) worked really hard to ensure the children has a great time. People need to remember they have booked to go to a caravan park and not a hotel !...def worth a visit for 3/4 days.

1  Thank TriahMc
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We booked a short break at Brynowen and as we wanted to take our dog, we had no choice but to choose a bronze caravan.
Although the carpets and sofas were stained and shabby, it was what we expected so we were not disappointed! The crockery was a miss match, doors broken and the toilet was very very small, but for 3 nights it was bearable.
The entertainment at the park was interesting in the evenings, but very loud to the extent that the sound was distorted.
The shop on the park stocked your basics which was helpful, and offered cash-back, where as the cash machine in the arcade had a small charge.
My kids loved the arcades and collecting tickets, however the quality of the prizes were rather poor.
We requested that our caravan was on level ground due to health problems, and our caravan was on the bottom part of the resort and close the the facilities, without it being too noisy. This was a perfect location for us.
If your happy with shabby chic and don't expect 5 star facilities then Brynowen would be a good park for a family holiday.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

When we arrived at the platnuim caravan was nice and clean until my 7 yr old daughter found half a glass of larger in one of the bedrooms cupboards.. which had mould growing at the top..looked around the caravan has you do to explore inside, washing machine bulit in which was great with family of 5 but it had an out of order sign on it which was a let down. I did go to reception on 2 occasions to report it but nothing was ever done. they do have a washroom which is £4.00 a wash and £1.50 to dry i do regret paying that but was
else could i do with the caravan one being out of order..
the entertainment was okish not that brill.. bars larger is watered down and expensive.. the sparky take away well what can i say wouldnt give it to a dog, not only did they get my order wrong charging me over than what my bill was.bacon was like crisp chicken burger was nearly black considering it was southern fried.. food no good very expensive with what you get in portion and they dont do any sauces to go with it...we had a bins waste collection point were one of the bins had great big hole in one whick was attracting alot of wasps so couldnt open our patio doors to enjoy the sunshine our eat outside..did complain 3xs they finally moved it only to another spot down the road from us.. The arcade was fun for the kids with 2p machines that was about it..swimmimg was ok but having to wait to go in over period of time as full..like the caravan but wouldnt go back to the resort....

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Would find it difficult to recommend a park resort if all are like this! Caravan was poor with few utensils or comfort, and not allowed or space to get car next to caravan. Leisure facilities appalling, no working shower, broken latches on cubicles and no lockers. Having stayed at a Haven in 2010 was very disappointed and wished we had gone back to a Haven.

Reviewed 19 August 2011

We only get a short holiday every year - this year we chose Brynowen (having been there many times in the past - but not for the past 10 years). Firstly we chose a PLATINUM caravan which is the best - it was fabulous, very clean and modern and ideally situated. I explained to the clerk at Brynowen when I booked I wanted somewhere quiet and on the bottom site (didnt want to negotiate with hills with a baby and pushchair). It was perfect, the clerk 'Jane' was great and very personable. The whole site is geared to families and young children, from the start of the day to the end of the day there is something to do. The swimming pool is clean and warm and not overcrowded. There is a patio bar where you can get good average meals for all ages and tastes. The evening entertainment is fabulous for kids they dance, take part in games, make friends and generally have great fun - which in turn is great for us. Borth itself remains small and unspoilt - it is not for somebody who wants gourmet meals - it is simple and unspoilt with lovely walks and a few beautiful coffee bars! We paddled in the sea on a quiet clean beach and it was only 4 minutes walk from our site. All round I would highly recommend this little site for somebody who wants a simple family holiday not to far from home. It might not be my ideal holiday as an adult but it was my ideal holiday because I took four children with me from 2 to 24! Clearly we chose the most expensive caravan and it cost around £550 for 5 days but you can get various grades and costs and it was well worth it. Well done Brynowen - you will always be busy with your family orientated themes! ****

Reviewed 18 August 2011

We stayed on the camp part. Dirty and untidy. On arrival a woman was complaining and demanding her money back as the shower and toilets were disgusting. The staff said they had not had any complaints. She said that everyone was upset at standard of accomodation in caravans and camping. We still booked in. What a disaster, The camp was filthy, one shower with mould for all ladies. Toilets dirty. Borth itself depressing with dumper trucks on beach. On the first night we met a family who had booked a silver caravan and had been there for two days they were in despair and on the point of hysteria as to how bad the place was. All in all if you are camping we suggest you do your research and head to the south of wales, fresh water east an amazing campsite with beautiful beach. Also pool at site was disgusting. On the plus side there was an entertainment for young kids that saved the day.