“Terrible”

Brynowen Holiday Park
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have just arrived back from Brynowen, 15th Sept 2011, a day early. The caravan was awful so run down, shabby, dirty and seen much better days. The cutlery, plates saucepans etc I would not have give to a jumble sale, so cracked loose handles and worn out. The oven did not work and the gas rings did not light properly so I reported it to reception and said that the van was filthy to be told that they would send a housekeeper to clean it up and a gas man. The grill pan was missing and the oven had no racks. The bed was lumpy and the beddiong not fit for a dog bed, I am glad i took my own sheets.
As someone else said the entertainment and the price of drinks was appalling, very dissappointing.
The parking issue also bad, we are pensioners and my husband has a heart problem so taking our luggage to the caravan was difficult.
We have been to other Park Resorts caravan parks and they have been fine, we enjoyed our stay. Although it is supposedly acheap holiday through the Mail, that does not excuse plain filth and lack of equipment. I did meet a lady in Borth and on speaking to her, she used to clean the caravans, and said if you create enough you will be upgraded!! that is not the point, I certinaly would, but my husband just says 'we wont come back again' TOO RIGHT WE WONT
I will take this up with Park Resorts but do not expect to get anywhere, perhaps a free upgrade on another hoilday, well they know what they can do with that !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara R

Reviewed 15 September 2011

The caravan we stayed in was nice and clean. and up to date. when we arrived the caravan wasnt ready we had to wait another hour. The restaurant was poorly organised we waited half an hour to get served then waited another hour before our food came, and it wasnt good! The caravans were situated on a hill so to walk down to the entertainment would of took about 20 mins. The park was only suitable for 8yrs and up. just all round wasnt the best park ive been to.

1  Thank gemma b
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have been to many holiday camps and this was ok as such places go. On the plus side they catered for my son with the play area, games room and swimming pool. In addition our standard caravan had a flat screen TV with a digit box and very good reception.

On the minus side the bathroom was not a clean as it could have been and the carpet in the shower room/ toilet was worn.

In addition the management of the slide in the swimming pool was poor. One did'nt know when it would be open or for how long, and this needs to be looked at.

With regards to pubs I liked The Rhyd - Y - Pennau Inn at the end of the B4353 road. Very friendly and the pool table was only 50p and so my son had plenty of games.

I see other people recommended the Railway Inn, I found it to be unfriendly and the table were dirty and so I never returned.

Borth and this site - I would definately go back.

Room Tip: All caravans seemed fine and therefore there are no tips
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Mon-Fri visit at the end of August. Was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews here so was pleasently surprised to find friendly & helpful staff, an immaculate caravan with loads of room, 3 piece suite, flat screen tv, two decent bedrooms, two toilets (one en suite) and a well equipped kitchen with loads of stoarge space. That this was a "silver" van made me wonder what the Platinum Plus was like!

Loads for the kids to do (6 and 8) although they did get a bit addicted to collecting tickets for prizes from the arcade. Safe environment meany I was happy to let my boys have a bit of independance, knowing they were no too far away.

Weather was also surprisingly good and a trip to Aberysthwyth is well recomended.

My oldest son insists we must go back next year and they were both very sad when it was time to go home.

2  Thank kiosk2
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We had planned seven days at the 'Resort' in our tourer but only ended up staying two nights. The site is very run down, the facilities were dirty and smelly. The restaurant took an hour and a half to prepare three roast dinners which were still delivered frozen. The swimming pool was dirty with ridges in the bottom of the pool that catch on your toes. My son who is three was not allowed to go down the slide on my lap because he can't swim. If I had booked a week in a static there I would have really been disappointed. Why would anyone want to waste their money on being an owner, thank god my tourer is mobile. Borth however, nice beach at the end of the road, not the stoney one, worth a day visit.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere, Hoburne sites are great.
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We were staying as campers in this "establishment" and all I can say is I felt dirtier coming out of the shower than going in.
One shower for all campers and tourers there was a long queue unless you went first thing in the morning or very last thing at night.
Room enough for three tents one more-at a push.
Swimming pool was alright for kids, not exactly the cleanest.
Night entertainment was really good. Needed a small fortune to keep topping up our drinks though.
Reception staff ignorant.

The best thing was the night entertainment. (Talent seemed wasted on the place to be honest)
All in all- stay if your planning on being away most of the time.

1  Thank stephaniemxx
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We only stayed for the weekend but we had a fantastic time.I must say that all the staff we spoke to were extremely friendly & couldn`t do enough for us.They also work very hard too, each one of them doing more than one job throughout the day & night time too. We enjoyed swimming in the large pool & the entertainment at night was very good although perhaps just a little bit drawn out on the saturday night, could have brought the main act on a little bit earlier.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Llety Ceiro Country Guest House
Cardigan Bay Guest House
Cardigan Bay Guest House
#11 of 36 in Aberystwyth

Been to Brynowen Holiday Park? Share your experiences!