“Really lovely holiday park! Don't listen to the bad reviews!!”

Brynowen Holiday Park
Reviewed 2 October 2011

I arrived on fri 30th sept with my partner and daughter for 2 nights. Havin read the negative reviews for this holiday park i was concerned and nearly cancelled my hol. Thank god i didnt cancel, we have had the best weekend break in ages. I feel its only fair to post my review cos the negative reviews on here are unfair to the staff and the park. On arrival we were greeted by 2 very nice friendly ladies in reception called Jane and Tina. we were given a gorgeous caravan no 623. It was immaculate and views were beautiful. We had tea on the outside decking, really lovely! We explored the park, used the pool which was great and very clean I must add! Unlike what people are posting on here! Facilities on site are great and staff are constantly maintaining the grounds and helping people arriving at check in etc! Borth and the local area is lovely. I checked out today and once again I was greeted by 2 nice friendly ladies on reception called Teri and heather! These girls all do their jobs great and I thank u all for our lovely weekend :-) I highly recommend u stay at brynowen and ignore the bad reviews! Go and enjoy yourself like we did, well done brynowen :-) from mark McDowell.

Room Tip: We stayed in caravan 623. Beautiful caravan!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank markmcdowell71
Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I took our grandchildren away for the weekend in our touring caravan to Brynowen. We booked for 3 nights but only stayed 2 as it was so bad. The shower and 2 toilets was dirty and very shabby, the clubhouse was very dark and dowdy and quite depressing, there was nothing there to do and the kids got really bored. Couldn't wait to get away from this place and would never go back. weather was bad as well which didn't help.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Wish I had really believed all the bad reviews before booking this holiday park. We stayed here for 3 nights in August 2011 and would never ever stay here again. We've stayed at another Park Resorts location in the past in Wales and thought we'd try this one for a change...what a big mistake. Price was really good which obviously was tempting. We got a disabled caravan as that was the only one available. The caravan was spacious than the normal caravan; however, the most dirty, damp and mouldy caravan we've ever stayed at. We booked a caravan holiday to give our nieces from US a first time caravan experience and boy what a disappointment. On arrival, our apparently clean bedsheets were in a transparent plastic bag thrown in the mud under our caravan. Previous occupiers rubbish was still outside our caravan. The caravan was for booked for 5 people...it had 1 room with a double bed and another room with a single bed. That means there should have been a pull out sofa bed in the living room...hmm well pull out sofa was there, but no mattress. We let reception know and had left for the day to explore, came back late at night and no mattress, rubbish still outside the caravan and nothing was done. 2 of us ended up having to sleep on the uncomfortable, dirty sofas for the night. There were hair on the pillow cover and new sheets as well. Luckily I had carried with me 2 extra bedsheets which we put on top of the bed and wrapped ourselves in it. Absolutely disgusting. my niece had asthmas problems and the mouldy curtains definitely did not help. We asked the next morning if they could move us somewhere else and they were quite rude and said no, nothing is available...basically did not care about any of our complaints. We mentioned about the "no mattress" in the pull out sofa...and left for the day again and once again NO MATTRESS when we came back at night. We ended up having to sleep on the couch our entire stay and they were least helpful. Highly unrecommended park. Worst caravan experience and we've stayed at many in the past. Oh forgot to mention the conditions of the pots and pans in the kitchen...we told them about that and they said well you are staying in a bronze caravan and they are not meant for cooking!! Why does it matter if it is bronze caravan...if there is a kitchen and you are providing pots and pans then at least they should be clean and not rusty!

4  Thank LondonKs
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We have just arrived back from Brynowen, 15th Sept 2011, a day early. The caravan was awful so run down, shabby, dirty and seen much better days. The cutlery, plates saucepans etc I would not have give to a jumble sale, so cracked loose handles and worn out. The oven did not work and the gas rings did not light properly so I reported it to reception and said that the van was filthy to be told that they would send a housekeeper to clean it up and a gas man. The grill pan was missing and the oven had no racks. The bed was lumpy and the beddiong not fit for a dog bed, I am glad i took my own sheets.
As someone else said the entertainment and the price of drinks was appalling, very dissappointing.
The parking issue also bad, we are pensioners and my husband has a heart problem so taking our luggage to the caravan was difficult.
We have been to other Park Resorts caravan parks and they have been fine, we enjoyed our stay. Although it is supposedly acheap holiday through the Mail, that does not excuse plain filth and lack of equipment. I did meet a lady in Borth and on speaking to her, she used to clean the caravans, and said if you create enough you will be upgraded!! that is not the point, I certinaly would, but my husband just says 'we wont come back again' TOO RIGHT WE WONT
I will take this up with Park Resorts but do not expect to get anywhere, perhaps a free upgrade on another hoilday, well they know what they can do with that !!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara R
Reviewed 15 September 2011

The caravan we stayed in was nice and clean. and up to date. when we arrived the caravan wasnt ready we had to wait another hour. The restaurant was poorly organised we waited half an hour to get served then waited another hour before our food came, and it wasnt good! The caravans were situated on a hill so to walk down to the entertainment would of took about 20 mins. The park was only suitable for 8yrs and up. just all round wasnt the best park ive been to.

1  Thank gemma b
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I have been to many holiday camps and this was ok as such places go. On the plus side they catered for my son with the play area, games room and swimming pool. In addition our standard caravan had a flat screen TV with a digit box and very good reception.

On the minus side the bathroom was not a clean as it could have been and the carpet in the shower room/ toilet was worn.

In addition the management of the slide in the swimming pool was poor. One did'nt know when it would be open or for how long, and this needs to be looked at.

With regards to pubs I liked The Rhyd - Y - Pennau Inn at the end of the B4353 road. Very friendly and the pool table was only 50p and so my son had plenty of games.

I see other people recommended the Railway Inn, I found it to be unfriendly and the table were dirty and so I never returned.

Borth and this site - I would definately go back.

Room Tip: All caravans seemed fine and therefore there are no tips
2  Thank David P
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Mon-Fri visit at the end of August. Was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews here so was pleasently surprised to find friendly & helpful staff, an immaculate caravan with loads of room, 3 piece suite, flat screen tv, two decent bedrooms, two toilets (one en suite) and a well equipped kitchen with loads of stoarge space. That this was a "silver" van made me wonder what the Platinum Plus was like!

Loads for the kids to do (6 and 8) although they did get a bit addicted to collecting tickets for prizes from the arcade. Safe environment meany I was happy to let my boys have a bit of independance, knowing they were no too far away.

Weather was also surprisingly good and a trip to Aberysthwyth is well recomended.

My oldest son insists we must go back next year and they were both very sad when it was time to go home.

2  Thank kiosk2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Llety Ceiro Country Guest House
George Borrow Hotel
George Borrow Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ponterwyd

Been to Brynowen Holiday Park? Share your experiences!