“Lovely holiday park, Idyllic setting.”

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We bought this holiday using Groupon, and upgraded to a Silver Plus Caravan. We were in Clywd 22 just inside the park entrance, and had a good,clean caravan,with everything that you would need for a break away. The park itself was immaculate and very well kept. A good stocked shop which for a holiday park was very reasonable. We didnt use the pool or the show complex so cant comment on those. There is a great games room that has 4 pool tables complete with cues, and all balls intact!! We would highly recommend this park, its in a great location for visiting the surrounding areas of Aberyswyth and Barmouth. Borth itself, although a quiet place, has everything you need if you just wanted to hang around the park, with a Nisa shop/Post office and plenty of pubs and cafes within walking distance. And of course you have the magnificent beach. We had one small problem with the TV, and it was sorted within 20 minutes.A great time had by all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris T
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen.
I will be sure to share this message with the whole team, especially the maintenance staff who all work exceptionally hard to keep the site as well managed as possible.

We are indeed in an idyllic location – sometimes I don’t believe my luck to have an office with a view of Cadair Idris – and I would encourage all guests to make the most of it as you have done.

Many thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Bught on groupon voucher . Called next day and been told they were over booked with bronze caravan, however with additional 60 pounds we get gold plus caravan which was just ok. Very small beds, standard of cleanless just acceptable.
Very good entertaintemnts for kids. Staff very friendly. Will book in future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review, and I am delighted to read that you had a good stay with us here at Brynowen.

I will be passing on this review to all of our staff on park, especially the Entertainments team who always go the extra mile to create amazing memories.

Many thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I used to spend every may here with my grandparents and decided I would like to visit with my own family, I have a young boy of 2. The caravan it's self was fantastic 47 Brecon, however the steps were a death trap and were only supported on the bottom by broken up bits of paving slabs and they were very high from the ground, the tv DVD didn't work and the toilet was leaking at the rear of the caravan, apart from the small issues mentioned it was very very good and well worth the money paid

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Craig439

First of all I would like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Brynowen and I am very glad to hear that you found Brecon 47 to be fantastic.

I assure you that the steps on all caravans are checked for health and safety at least once a week – often twice – but I will be asking the maintenance manager to check them for safety as soon as possible.

I do apologise that you had faults with the TV and toilet, and I will be sure to pass these issues on to the maintenance and housekeeping teams for them to rectify for our next guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a four day holiday at this park.We booked it the Sun so if 4 of us went it would have been a good value break but as only two of us went it was not such a bargain.
The site was clean and the staff were very helpful,we used some of the facilities bar and pool.
Our caravan had 3 bedrooms but all of them were to small,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at Brynowen. I am glad that we were able to create a good break for you on your first UK-based holiday for a while.

We do hope to see you again soon and many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I booked this on a last minute deal for a mid week get away by the sea for the family, i read a few negative reviews so wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. The camp site is located less than two minutes walk from a beautiful relatively quiet beach, in a quiet but not desolate town. We upgraded to a silver caravan due to the bronze ones being predominantly used by guests with dogs. I was expecting to need to do a bit of sanitising of the caravan when i got there but it was very clean, very nice and the beds and bedding were also new and clean. The entertainment was very good; entertainers for the kids, bingo and an exceptionally good magic show later in the night. On site there is a swimming pool, some penny arcades, a decent play area, a shop, launderette, a dinner and a bar. I booked a travel cot for an extra £10 which wasn't in the caravan when we arrived i popped into the office and the staff there were very naturally friendly and efficient; a very pleasant woman came by shortly after to drop one off, no hint of irritation at all.

For a budget holiday it was great value for money the whole family were very happy we had an excellent time.

Room Tip: Upgrade to silver if you dont have pets
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen, I am elated to read that we met and even exceeded your expectations. It is also always great to read about guests making the most of the on-site facilities.

I shall be passing your kind comments on to all of the staff here at Brynowen, especially the Accommodation team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Booked a 3 night stay here the end of May 2014. We paid to upgrade as we booked through the sun newspaper and wanted a bit of luxury. Our caravan was located near the owners caravans, close to the site entrance. A large, spacious and clean caravan. One of the nicest we've stayed in. Facilities were great, nice size swimming pool, liked that there were tables and chairs inside so I could watch my daughter in the pool. No lockers but all your items are in full view on the tables. So no issue. Didn't eat on the site so can't comment on the food. Drinks were reasonable priced, and entertainment kept us out for an hour or so. Not much in borth but nice to stroll to and some interesting local houses/designs. We travelled every day to aberystwyth which was a 15min drive away. If your looking for a quiet holiday, then this is a lovely site. Won't be going back as I've seen the area and there's other parts of wales I would like to visit but will definitely stay with park holidays resorts again

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived Friday and check in staff were friendly and helpful, our caravan was not far from reception and entertainment facilities so that was a bonus. Caravan was bronze so didn't expect much was clean and comfortable enough for our 3 night stay. Went to onsite restaurant had to wait almost an hour for food that wasn't very warm and eating area didn't seem very clean. Went to club on the Friday evening and we took a cake down as it was our sons 7th birthday, was going to ask entertainment staff to sing happy birthday to him but there was a vocalist on so waiting till th had finished only to be told they wouldn't do it and I should of asked earlier. I was very disappointed as my son didn't want a party just wanted to go on holiday and they wouldn't do this one little thing for us couldn't c what the problem was as there was still a large amount of children in the club. Saturday we went swimming only stayed for about 20 mins no slide in operation and baby pool was dirty. Handed keys back in on Monday was looking at leaflets asked a member of staff if they would recommend were to go on a wet day and they just looked at me and never answered which I thought was quite rude don't think we would book again I'm not one to complain and not overly fussy you get what u pay for at the end of day but doesn't hurt to b polite and doesn't hurt to help make a 7 year olds birthday special

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kelly A
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I will be sure to pass it on to all of the staff at Brynowen, to reaffirm the importance of customer service.

I am glad to read that your caravan was clean, comfortable and in a convenient location.

Requests for the entertainment are ideally put in as early into the night as possible, however I will be asking the staff to ensure we do all that we can to help out in these situations in the future.

I am very surprised to hear that a member of our reception team would ignore you, as suggesting things to do in the local area is something they are quick to discuss.

I hope that you will consider returning in the future.

01970 871 366

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Llety Ceiro Country Guest House
Cardigan Bay Guest House
Cardigan Bay Guest House
#11 of 36 in Aberystwyth

Been to Brynowen Holiday Park? Share your experiences!