“Wonderful holiday wish we were still there x”

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a four day break at Brynowen but wished it was longer. We loved every minute totally relaxing lovely people great entertainment for all the family. We have no complaints and are planning a return trip in September. Highly recommend this wonderful park x

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Brineybird1
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your comments, we wish you could have stayed longer. Next time you book, maybe speak to one of our Holiday Sales Advisors about the potential for a week-long booking?

We look forward to seeing you again, and thank you for staying with us and being part of this fantastic season.

01970 871 366

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have come back today from Brynowen Park after a 4 night stay here with my friend and her son, her parents were also there at the same time but different caravan.

We had upgraded to a luxury caravan and we were very surprised at what we got. The caravan was clean and there was a fridge freezer and a dvd player, we took dvds just in case but never stayed in to watch them. There were also 3 bedrooms which was an added bonus as we used the third as storage and also two toilets.

Our caravan was on top of the hill which was great as we could cut through the park and down the steps, but we had fun trying to go back up the hill with a 2 year old asleep in the pushchair.

The entertainment team were brilliant, couldn't fault them for what they did for the kids and by the end of the week, they loved my friends little boy and they knew him by his name. Sparky, Narky and Sparkle were great too, even if the little one was scared of them on the first night, now all he says is bunnies every time he sees one of the Sparky krew.

The swimming pool was nice, it was warm which was fine for me, could of been colder when we had got in after a warm day but it was great other than that.

Ate at the patio bar a couple of times, prices were not too expensive considering what people on here had said about it being expensive. £6 for 2 breakfasts isn't bad and the drinks were reasonable too. One complaint about the food was that we had ordered from the bar in the show room but was not told that the food was cooked at the patio bar and that there was a back log, also the first time we ordered, we never got a drink that went with the meal. but other than this the food was hot when it got to us and it tasted fine.

One other complaint is that we had no shower for 2 days, we did report this to the reception and someone did come out to see it, they said they would be back in half hour, they never returned. We got by without it and it did not ruin our stay here.

I will recommend this park to other people and I would be coming back again, thinking of coming back in September.

Room Tip: Beds are on the small side, I had to push 2 singles together to make it into a makeshift double
1  Thank Emziebaggies

Many thanks for your review. I am glad that we were able to create such a trip for you that you didn’t find the time to make the most of our DVD players. We hear this quite regularly, and it lets us know that our on-park activities and local amenities are providing our guests with plenty to do.

I am glad that your little ones found the entertainment and Sparky & co to be brilliant, and to tell the truth I still find Narky a bit scary, your son must be braver than me!

I will be sure to pass your issues regarding the food and shower on to the teams responsible to ensure that we strive to reach higher standards and that guests aren’t left waiting in any situation.

Feel free to call 01970 871 366 to book again for September.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We bought this holiday using Groupon, and upgraded to a Silver Plus Caravan. We were in Clywd 22 just inside the park entrance, and had a good,clean caravan,with everything that you would need for a break away. The park itself was immaculate and very well kept. A good stocked shop which for a holiday park was very reasonable. We didnt use the pool or the show complex so cant comment on those. There is a great games room that has 4 pool tables complete with cues, and all balls intact!! We would highly recommend this park, its in a great location for visiting the surrounding areas of Aberyswyth and Barmouth. Borth itself, although a quiet place, has everything you need if you just wanted to hang around the park, with a Nisa shop/Post office and plenty of pubs and cafes within walking distance. And of course you have the magnificent beach. We had one small problem with the TV, and it was sorted within 20 minutes.A great time had by all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris T

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen.
I will be sure to share this message with the whole team, especially the maintenance staff who all work exceptionally hard to keep the site as well managed as possible.

We are indeed in an idyllic location – sometimes I don’t believe my luck to have an office with a view of Cadair Idris – and I would encourage all guests to make the most of it as you have done.

Many thanks for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Bught on groupon voucher . Called next day and been told they were over booked with bronze caravan, however with additional 60 pounds we get gold plus caravan which was just ok. Very small beds, standard of cleanless just acceptable.
Very good entertaintemnts for kids. Staff very friendly. Will book in future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for your review, and I am delighted to read that you had a good stay with us here at Brynowen.

I will be passing on this review to all of our staff on park, especially the Entertainments team who always go the extra mile to create amazing memories.

Many thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I used to spend every may here with my grandparents and decided I would like to visit with my own family, I have a young boy of 2. The caravan it's self was fantastic 47 Brecon, however the steps were a death trap and were only supported on the bottom by broken up bits of paving slabs and they were very high from the ground, the tv DVD didn't work and the toilet was leaking at the rear of the caravan, apart from the small issues mentioned it was very very good and well worth the money paid

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Craig439

First of all I would like to thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Brynowen and I am very glad to hear that you found Brecon 47 to be fantastic.

I assure you that the steps on all caravans are checked for health and safety at least once a week – often twice – but I will be asking the maintenance manager to check them for safety as soon as possible.

I do apologise that you had faults with the TV and toilet, and I will be sure to pass these issues on to the maintenance and housekeeping teams for them to rectify for our next guests.

Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We had a four day holiday at this park.We booked it the Sun so if 4 of us went it would have been a good value break but as only two of us went it was not such a bargain.
The site was clean and the staff were very helpful,we used some of the facilities bar and pool.
Our caravan had 3 bedrooms but all of them were to small,

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay here at Brynowen. I am glad that we were able to create a good break for you on your first UK-based holiday for a while.

We do hope to see you again soon and many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I booked this on a last minute deal for a mid week get away by the sea for the family, i read a few negative reviews so wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. The camp site is located less than two minutes walk from a beautiful relatively quiet beach, in a quiet but not desolate town. We upgraded to a silver caravan due to the bronze ones being predominantly used by guests with dogs. I was expecting to need to do a bit of sanitising of the caravan when i got there but it was very clean, very nice and the beds and bedding were also new and clean. The entertainment was very good; entertainers for the kids, bingo and an exceptionally good magic show later in the night. On site there is a swimming pool, some penny arcades, a decent play area, a shop, launderette, a dinner and a bar. I booked a travel cot for an extra £10 which wasn't in the caravan when we arrived i popped into the office and the staff there were very naturally friendly and efficient; a very pleasant woman came by shortly after to drop one off, no hint of irritation at all.

For a budget holiday it was great value for money the whole family were very happy we had an excellent time.

Room Tip: Upgrade to silver if you dont have pets
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen, I am elated to read that we met and even exceeded your expectations. It is also always great to read about guests making the most of the on-site facilities.

I shall be passing your kind comments on to all of the staff here at Brynowen, especially the Accommodation team.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

01970 871 366

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Llety Ceiro Country Guest House
George Borrow Hotel
George Borrow Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ponterwyd

Been to Brynowen Holiday Park? Share your experiences!