“Nice family break”

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at brynowen for a 5 day break in July, the park was easy to find and just up the road from the Main Street of borth and the beach.
The staff were great and the facilities good though starting to seem a little dated.
The park itself is over a wide area splitting up into 5 or 6 areas we stayed in ystwyth on the top of the hill, great to walk down not so going up, a tram or minibus service would be great especially for the elderly and disabled.
The club was good but again the beer and wine are at extortionate prices,your better off drinking in the town or in the caravan.
Overall would I go back? I would as it's a relaxing quiet place to visit

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cherrydragon
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen and I’m glad to read that you and your family had a nice break.
We are indeed a widely spread park with ‘areas’ both up and down a hill. I would recommend that if anyone has a preference on location they can put a request on their booking, although this cannot be guaranteed.

Our alcohol prices are competitively priced compared to similar businesses in our area, however, they are something we continually assess.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

01970 871 366

Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The majority of things about this site were brill

However

There was no wifi and where there was supposed to be it didn't work

The entertainment plan changed at the last minute leaving you wondering around the site trying to find what was happening

The woman who works in the shop never had change and made you feel like that was your fault and had a real attitude EVERY day

Pool staff great and great activities run via here

Bingo sales meant to be till 6.45 but if you get there after 615 they stop selling them so god knows what the point of that is

Site clean

Most staff friendly

Second arcade looked like it was from the 70s n the ticket prizes were really really bad but the man behind the desk was extremely helpful and friendly and sorted us out :p

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen Holiday Park, I am glad that you found the majority of your stay met your expectations, however, I am saddened to read that there were issues for you.
We have free to use wi-fi in the patio bar; there have been a couple of instances where it has been down, which has been due to external issues. 99% of the time it is working and at high speed!

Your report on the shop has been passed on to J J Wilson who manage our on-park shops as well as their staff.
Bingo ticket sales do go on until 6:45 as advertised, I have passed your comments on to the entertainment manager who runs the sales to investigate.

We hope that we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Couldn't ask for a better place. Plenty for the children to do. Lovely clean beach a stones throw away from the site. On site swimming pool was lovely and warm and very clean. All staff were extremely friendly and helpful when needed. We didn't take our dogs, but the site catered for everyone and would certainly consider taking them in future. Kids loved the evening entertainment. A must for a short family break and will definitely recommend this site. Beautiful scenery and a short drive from Aberystwyth

1  Thank Krissy C

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Brynowen, I’m very glad to read that you and your family had a great time.
Next time you come, please feel free to bring your dogs. We are pet-friendly as long as leads are kept on and pet-friendly accommodation is booked.

I’m glad that you found the swimming pool to be clean and warm, a relaxing swim is the best way to kickstart a holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a fantastic holiday amazing time entertainment is fantastic for all the family they accommodate for everyone from young to old fantastic place and amazing staff can't fault anything and Debbie in reception is a fantastic person to deal with its a perfect family holiday fun for the whole family will defo be goin back

• Stayed: July 2014

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I’m very glad to read that you had a fantastic time!
I will be sure to pass your kind words on to all of the staff on park especially Debbie, who always goes the extra mile to help out her guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had a lovely stay with the family this year. Nice place to eat, as I am 19 there isn't much for the older teens to do but a great place for Families with their kids. Not much to do around the area of Borth either. Overall a lovely stay and staff were lovely too.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, and I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your visit.

Although Borth isn’t the busiest place in the world, Aberystwyth is just up the road and offers a lot for people 18 and over, having been a student there myself I can attest to that! If you come back again I wholeheartedly recommend paying the town a visit.

Many thanks again for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

What a lovely holiday. The weather was great, the staff was very friendly, kids were never bored and the beach...... I thought I was in heaven. Yes, it's not sandy as in California but I thought It was great... overall what a success. My 2 dogs loved every minute of it. Will definitely visit again :)

Room Tip: If you're looking for ultra modern hotel with wifi and all sorts....don't bother. But as a c...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us at Brynowen, I’m glad to read that you enjoyed the weather, found the staff friendly and that there was something to do at all times to keep everyone occupied.

The local beaches – Borth and Ynyslas – are both great, especially Ynyslas with its sandy stretch and sand dunes. I also agree that Borth is a little slice of heaven!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Went Brynowen for my daughters 7 th birthday for the weekend had such a fab weekend staff r so friendly and the entertainment is first class the team stars work so hard so make it special for the kids recommend this park thank you josh Nigel matt Georgina mike and Kerry

2  Thank Rhoda M

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us, I’m glad to read that you enjoyed your visit and I hope that your daughter had a fantastic 7th birthday!

I will be passing your comments on to all staff on park, particularly the Entertainments team who have been fantastic this season.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

01970 871 366

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel
Llety Ceiro Country Guest House
George Borrow Hotel
George Borrow Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ponterwyd

Been to Brynowen Holiday Park? Share your experiences!