“Dont go there if you are looking for comfort”

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Dont go there if you are looking for comfort”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We went to Brynowen on Aug 18th 2014 - never again though ! We paid £650 for a week in a silver plus caravan (chose silver plus as we were told it was a better specification than a silver). Were do I start......
-The furniture was so filthy that we turned the cushions around and then covered them with blankets we had taken with us.
-Furniture was ripped.
-The arm of the furniture was hanging off
-Filthy, dirty stains all over the living room carpet
-The door of one of the kitchen cupboard was hanging off
-The leg on the bed was so wonky we had to straighten it every time we went to bed and try not to move too much through the night.
-Curtains hanging off
-Cob webs over the window in the twin bedroom
- Filth down the sides of cupboards
- 2 days of lawn mowers, hedge cutting, etc
-3 days of digging up pipes in the caravan next door starting 8am finishing 8.15pm on one of the days ( I know work has to be done but for 5 of our 7 days visit was so noisy that we had to go out)
-TV had to be fixed 3 times while we where there gave up asking in the end
-Was told I couldn't park outside the caravan so parked where I was told and consequently had my car scratched by somebody trying to get around the corner
Soooooo glad we didn't stay in a lower standard caravan god knows what it would be like.
For £650 I expected a decent standard of cleanliness, comfort, peace and quiet and a caravan which was fairly new and of good decor
WE DID NOT GET IT.
My advise FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandra D
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations.

I am saddened to read your report of the holiday home you stayed in and I will be passing this on to the accommodation manager for her consideration so that we can improve these standards.

We are a busy site and try to maintain the highest standards possible however, this does require us to carry out strimming and mowing during the week. We do try to perform this work outside of hours that would cause disturbance and I will be passing your review onto the maintenance manager who is responsible for work on the grounds.

Again, I am very sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations, we always try to ensure the best possible holidays for our guests. If you would like to discuss these points further please don’t hesitate to contact us.

01970 871 366

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely weekend break, nice indoor pool, clubhouse has entertainment every night, caravan was clean an tidy and all the staff were friendly very short walk to the beach and a five minute drive to a lovely sandy beach will most certainly go back

Stayed August 2014
I would like to thank you for reviewing your recent holiday with us, we’re all delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay!

I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to all the staff on park, especially the accommodation team for ensuring a clean and tidy holiday home.

Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We booked a gold plus caravan for extra space and we were very pleased with it.
Caravan was clean and spacious with one small toilet and a larger shower room also with a toilet ( which is handy with 4 adults and a 5 year old!)
Admittedly the twin beds were narrow as they are in all caravans , but the mattresses were very comfortable and bedding was clean.
We were situated towards the top of the park which was a bit of a walk from the facilities, but the views were stunning and it was very quiet up there.
All the staff we saw were very friendly and helpful and even though we only used the entertainment for the last two nights, it seemed like very good fun. Our daughter especially loved Sparky the Rabbit!
The swimming pool was very warm although busy at times, but we couldn't keep our daughter out of it!
Overall a great holiday park with plenty to do on site, will definitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Brynowen. I am always delighted to read of our guests enjoying their time with us and I know that even small extras like a second toilet can make all the difference.

I will say that most caravans do have smaller beds than you may be used to at home however, I am glad that you had a comfortable night’s sleep!

I will be sure to pass your review on to all the staff on park and let them know you found them to be friendly.

We’re very happy you had a good holiday and we hope to welcome you back soon!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Quiet place with a great sea view from our caravan right at the top of the hill. However, being so far up the hill - and therefore the furthest possible point from the park's amenities - wasn't practical with small children and a pushchair. The staff were helpful - they quickly came to remove two single beds to make room for travel cots at our request. Despite being a 'gold standard' caravan we were disappointed not to have any outdoor space or patio - the decor was also dated and quite basic. We had a caravan that slept 8 - sadly there was only one wine glass provided and a small number of tumbler glasses!! Not the end of the world but expected better when we'd paid extra for the 'gold standard'. The park's website notes that wifi is available but this wasn't the case when we visited which was problematic as the weak phone signal is sporadic at best.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Angharad J
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Brynowen. I am glad you were able to enjoy some peace and quiet as well as the fantastic views.

I am sorry to note however that we did not fulfil your expectations in some areas. Unfortunately none of our caravans are guaranteed to have a patio or outside seating area, though there are plenty of grassy areas to relax on, especially on the higher sites.

The housekeeping team have been very efficient this season in ensuring requests such as removing beds are carried out quickly. I’m sorry about the lack of glasses, this was an error and if reception were notified then the housekeeping team would have happily replaced them for you.

We have WiFi that is free to use in the patio bar area however, this has not yet been rolled out to the rest of the park.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

wrexham,wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

After visiting numerous times during the summer holidays this year, I grow to love this park more each visit.

The staff are the friendliest I have ever come across, nothing is too much trouble for anyone, from maintenance, gardeners, housekeeping, reception and sales.

There is a real family atmosphere and everyone is always greeted with a smile .

We visited the patio bar this afternoon which was exceptionally busy, the drinks were cold and the food was delicious and reasonably priced.

Special mention to the lovely girls who work at the patio bar, April, Amy & Becky. These ladies greeted all customers in a warm, friendly and professional manner. They took the time to engage with everyone and make sure all customers were served in a timely manner and served with a smile .

Even spending time speaking to the little children and explaining the menu to them.
Nothing is too much trouble and if your due to visit the park, please call in and say hi to the friendly trio that work in the patio bar at Brynowen.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank CocktailsAndSunshine
Park R, General Manager at Brynowen Holiday Park, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Brynowen, I am delighted to read that you continue to enjoy visiting us.
We are proud of our welcoming and family-orientated atmosphere on park, it is something all staff work towards as one and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to all of the team, especially Amy, April and Becky.

Our new peak menu in the patio bar is delicious and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

We do hope to see you again very soon!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

Absolutely fantastic holiday!!! I arrived last Saturday with my two daughters and little dog Lola, I knew I had my hands full as my partner was working and couldn't come with us. He'd said to leave the dog at home as it might limit what we could do but I am soo glad that we brought her. When we arrived at the site we found our caravan at the top of the site, the view was absolutely amazing, we had forest views on one side and amazing beach views on the other. Our caravan was gorgeous with flowers growing and even a small garden. The entertainment crew could not have been more welcoming, Georgina was both my daughters favourite member she was really fantastic with them and they were really sad to say goodbye to her!! Thank you Georgina!! The site was immaculate and the site staff could not have been more helpful. When my daughter managed to do a handstand and flick her shoe on top of the caravan roof they were there in seconds to help us get it down!!

The pool was great and the staff managed to work around the showers to open the slide for the children, the park was really clean and tidy and there were lots of dog walks for Lola. The reception welcomed the dog as did the the arcades and although not allowed in the food bars (for Hygiene) they were always happy to put water outside for her. Evening entertainment was really fantastic - I can't believe I met my childhood hero's Zippy and George off Rainbow!! My girls know both the madness and mayhem dance and the sparky fun time dance off by heart and loved all the activities. Yes the park does have hills but the daily workout meant the children and dog were shattered by the night-time and I got to eat what I wanted all holiday and burn off the calories walking home!!

I would highly recommend the holiday to anyone with children and a dog. Thank you to everyone for making mine, little Lola's and my children's holiday a truly memorable one!!!!

Room Tip: The caravans on the highest level are a walk away but their views are amazing!!