“absolutely lovely”

Ranked #12 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“absolutely lovely”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

absolutely lovely! Llwynygog is always our first choice to stay, as we're always welcomed so warmly, theirs always somebody to greet us on arrival! Very clean, and very inviting from the gates!
The breakfast in the morning is always delicious, always catered to suit us!
Never had a bad experience, always consistently great!
Thank you Louise and Matt for always making us so welcome!

Room Tip: I advise to book In advance! such a lovely place it can fill up quickly so I advise to book nice and...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank xangelic_ayshx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Arrived earlier than expected,we were greeted by a differant lady as the proprietors were away for a week.
She was very helpful ,told where to park and recommended some nice places to eat in the town centre.
The room was clean and tidy ,we were walking distance from the beach,shops and restaurants.
We will return in September when we bring our son back to university.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley J
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We arrived at midday on Sunday, room wasn't ready, but we were offered the chance to leave our bags. When I declined saying we'd come back with our luggage, the lady seemed dismayed we were in a car, and even more so when I asked where we could park. Anyway, it turned out we could use the Health Centre car park for free though it was 100 yards away.
We returned after lunch, and was asked to pay immediately. I then found out breakfast was not included - at a guest house? The price of £60 for the room was now seeming rather excessive; out of the centre of town, small room, stuffy as the window would not open beyond 3". It was clean, and quite recently decorated, and the shower was good, but the "free bottles" were old and the writing had worn off. leaving us uncertain what we were using; shower gel or shampoo? It would have been better to have none at all. The towels were rather old and faded, and the bed was rather uncomfortable as the springs could be felt through the mattress. No hair-dryer either!
Next day, on leaving, there was no-one around and all the doors were shut, so we left the keys and departed .I am not sure if the lady I spoke to was the manager, and maybe I caught her on a bad day I did not receive a receipt, as the "roll" had run out. To be fair, there was a number to ring on the back of our room door, but as we were only there for one night, we did not complain at the time. A more personalised service would improve this place no end.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank susie m
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at Llwynygog guest house last week. I have to say that in my opinion it is by far the BEST place to stay in Aberystwyth. The owners were very friendly and the atmosphere was very welcoming. My room was extremely clean, as were the bathrooms and hallways. The bed was very comfortable and it was by far the best nights sleep i have had in a long time. The breakfast was perfect and i would highly recommend Llwynygog Guest House to anyone visiting Aberystwyth.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We visit wales atleast twice a year and always book in for our next visit before we leave!!!its clean and comfortable and also very reasonable considering it is so close to the beach,shops and resturants the owners are lovely friendly peopleand make you feel very welcome

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Stayed here on business. It's such a nice place. The owners can't do enough for you, the breakfast is delicious and I treated myself to an en-suite. It was clean and tidy and had a great shower. The owners recommended some places to eat, after which I waled on the seafront which is only a couple of minutes away.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Justin J
Wolverhampton
Reviewed 29 June 2013

In a quieter part of Aberystwyth, yet just around the corner (less than 5 mins walk away) from the sea front, I booked into Llwynygog Guest House for the night. I had a single room for £30. I had to share a bathroom, but this was not a problem at all. The owner was very friendly and helped take my case up to my room. The room (No. 5) was small with a single bed, TV, small chest of drawers and a wash hand basin. There were hooks complete with hangers for clothes. It was clean and bright with a big window overlooking the length of a street opposite. There was a bathroom and a shower room that I could use and everything was spotlessly clean. You could have breakfast if you booked it the night before.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed lovely and it's a hotel in a quiet part of Aberystwyth so noise was not a p...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo