“Convenient location in central Aberystwyth”

Llwynygog Guest House
Ranked #17 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Convenient location in central Aberystwyth”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We only had one night at Llwynygog, but our room, although small, was clean and comfortable, as was the shared bathroom just outside our door. The guesthouse is conveniently located only 5 minutes walk from town and beach esplanade. Our hosts were lovely, very welcoming and attentive.
A bedside clock and a biscuit with the tea tray would have been nice, and the windows were due for a clean, which detracted a bit from the view, but these were minor points. We enjoyed our stay and found it good value for money. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Shared bathroom on first landing has bath tub but not shower. Upper floor rooms share a bathroom wit...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank merrallen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kolobrzeg, Poland
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was very warmly welcomed by the owner over an hour before the check-in time (around 12:30). She instructed me on the time of breakfast, and all the things related to the departure. The room was very clean, cosy and adequate for the price. I liked the fact that shampoo and shower gel were included as I have not taken then... As for the breakfast it was better than I expected as apart from the standard English breakfast there were three kinds of cereal to choose, a yogurt, croissants, pain au chocolat, etc. Overall I would recommend this place to everyone, regardless length of stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Pawel W
Walsall
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed five nights, lovely room, very comfy bed, free view TV and delicious breakfast. Everywhere spotlessly clean with a very pretty front garden. Matthew and Louise are perfect hosts and gave me and my dog a lovely welcome and were very helpful throughout my stay. The guest house is in a superb location, turn right five minutes you are on the prom and turn left five minutes you are in the town. I loved Aberystwyth was my first visit and I will definitely return and to llwynygog. Would absolutely recommend this lovely guest house.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Arrived later than planned due to traffic and work but the owners were very accommodating. Given the keys to room three. Went straight upstairs as we were worn out. Jumped in the shower or tried to.......before we cud shower I had to fix the shower as it fell apart when I switched it on. Shower done we then went to bed........... Bed????........ There was a base but I've never in all my life slept on a mattress quite like this one......... My wife made me get out of bed and swap sides as she had a huge spring diggin in her back and she has a bad back anyway. I got back in on the other side and straight away we rolled together and each time I moved I thought we would end up on the floor.......needless to say I didn't move all night as I didn't dare. The room itself was fine ....clean and airy but like other comments...very sparse on the towels and coffees etc.......... All in all an ok stay short term but glad I didn't haven't to stay longer than 2 nights

Room Tip: Don't have number 3
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pezza7229
El Paso, Illinois
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed at Llwynygog for one night in mid-May. It has a great location and very kind hosts to whom I was grateful for allowing me to leave my backpack behind after I checked out the next morning so it wouldn't be a burden while I walked around Aberystwyth. The single room and its shared bathroom were clean and well-furnished. Wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Manchester
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I was travelling on business and this is my third stay. This time I was in a room in their house opposite which had been recently decorated and recarpeted and was light and airy. The house was close and I had breakfast in the house the owners live. Again, this was a great stay and I will continue to use this as my base in West Wales when here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt N
Newtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Excellent hotel! wonderful owners, very helpful and welcoming thank you Louise and Matthew. Rooms were large, nicely decorated and clean. Perfect location as close to train station, town and beach. Highly recommend to everyone!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends