“A genuine taste of North Africa”
Review of Casablanca

Casablanca
Ranked #2 of 150 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Casablanca has great, homemade fresh mediterranean cuisine which has never disappointed us in the years we have had meals there. We have have lovely, tasty, and unfussy North African couscous there, as well as Tagines, lovely vegetarian meals as well. You can bring your own wine, so this also makes the evening quite reasonably priced. Jo, the owner and chef, is always attentive to details and makes sure you are happy and having a good time. This personal touch adds to the homely, relaxed atmosphere which has made us go back again and again over the years.You'll eat very well, you'll be welcome, and you will feel that you've had a relaxing time with friendly people around you! Highly recommended.
UK
“A genuine taste of North Africa”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This small restaurant has a cosy atmosphere complemented by pleasant staff.
The menu is not extensive and most dishes have a North African leaning and our choices were all excellent.
The owner/chef is obviously interested in his customers and his cooking skills although he informed us that in another life he was an education psychologist.
The fact that it is a BYO makes the evening very reasonably priced.

• Polish first
“My personal favourite”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Visited this restaurant with my other half, and we were both amazed about the food and the service. I have eaten here several times and I highly recommend this restaurant. It is a very cosy and personal, and the staff were very lovely people. The food is absolutely one of the best you can get in Aberystwyth.

• Visited October 2013
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Wonderful meal to celebrate my daughter's graduation.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Visited this restaurant for the first time last to celebrate my daughter's graduation. Shame we did not discover it before she graduated as this is our last visit to see her as a student at Aberystwyth. Very friendly owner and staff, we will visit again if we are ever in this area in the future. Fabulously authentic and tasty food. Highly recommended. Thank you for a great evening.

Aberystwyth, Wales, United Kingdom
“Lovely, intimate little restaurant.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have been in Aberystwyth since 1994 and have heard many good things about this restaurant, but I never got around to trying it. I finally went there with two friends, and we had a wonderful evening. The food was excellent - very tasty and fresh with clean flavours. The service was attentive, but not intrusive and the ambience very intimate and cosy. The dishes were reasonably priced and the portions were just right. I only have one regret about my visit: that I had not tried this place before!!!

foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review. We will be very glad to welcome you again to the Casablanca restaurant. Kind regards, Joe.
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“DELICIOUS FOOD, ATTENTIVE SERVICE AND COSY ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Casablanca in Aberystwyth is a real gem! Three of us decided to give it a go and we were not disappointed. The food is truly tasty - very distinct flavours served up in traditional North African cookware. A delight. There are excellent vegetarian options as well as really good quality meats eg; lamb and chicken on the whole which are so tender and flavoursome. The delicious fare is added to by an authentic atmosphere with lovely music, warm colours and evocative lighting! I really enjoyed the evening and will definitely be visiting this marvellous restaurant again and again, I am sure! It is best to book as every dish is freshly prepared and some particular items need to be "pre-ordered" eg; cous cous. I had the Chicken tagine (served traditionally) - absolutely wonderful and served with freshly prepared vegetables/salad - very healthy too. This restaurant is highly recommended, but DO book ahead.

2 Thank ALISONSIO
foodofthesun, Owner at Casablanca, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review. I am glad that you have enjoyed your experience with us. Joe