“My new favourite..”

Ranked #25 of 150 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe, Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Carlton Restaurant has been under new management since its opening on 3rd July 2013. Owned and run by former chef and owner of the popular Corner's Restaurant on Chalybeate Street (who have also welcomed famous Welsh celebrities in the past such as Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews from Catatonia), Toni and her partner, Gaffari, would like to welcome everyone! The Carlton Restaurant is centrally located in the main town centre of Aberystwyth and boasts an elevated position (above Superdrug) overlooking the main street. Locally-sourced and fresh ingredients and home-cooked with great care and attention to customers' health and well-being are at the forefront of The Carlton's aims. Customers can enjoy delicious and healthy drinks knowing that every beverage consumed helps to support producers in developing countries. Diners with a sweet-tooth can also try Toni's locally-famous home-made cakes and various desserts - her Lemon Meringue is a particular favourite amongst customers! The Carlton Restaurant also caters for specialised dining so customers with food allergies and intolerances can also enjoy The Carlton's food without worrying - simply mention your requirements to the staff. The Carlton Restaurant is also a popular venue for groups. Large groups (10+) are welcome to exclusively book The Carlton Restaurant on Thursday, Friday or Saturday nights. With customers' choices and satisfaction in mind, Toni and Gaff can also custom-make menus. A large selection of wines, beers and cocktails are also available (either during the day or in the evening!).
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“My new favourite..”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

I visited The Carlton several times during the past month. I wanted to leave a review for sometime now, to express the pure delight of this restaurant and the great experience I have had dining here. I visited the restaurant through hearing many locals discuss in the complex I stay at of the excellent food being served. I wasn't disappointed on my visit, a variety of specials on offer (changing every occasion I visited, which was great) I was truly pleased with the quality of the food. I enjoy eating out and I do like to take the time to give feedback on good experiences. I will be back to this little gem, and to try the evening menu on offer. Thank you for your service and good food. I will be back soon to Aberystwyth town.

1 Thank Jjcharle54

“The garlic bread = wow”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Having always enjoyed Carlton I was surprised to find new owners/management. Well thy certainly delivered, the food was amazing, I loved thy the garlic bread had fresh garlic on it, and the burger was really tasty. Toni herself is a delight, she brought such a lovely atmosphere, with all the lovely knickknacks and cakes that suited Ben gluten intolerant.
5 out of 5

A must visit!!

Chester, United Kingdom
“A new broom sweeps clean”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just wanted to say a big thank you for the lovely meal I had on Saturday. we enjoyed our meal in a relaxed environment . We have visited your restaurant twice and both times have found the staff friendly and helpful and the food superb! thank you. We wish The Carlton every success. Well done to everyone.

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
“Wish I'd gone else where....”
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Average food at best, wired atmosphere, dated menu. Burger tasted economy as did lasagne, won't be going back in a hurry. Portions were good as was service.

2 Thank Joseph O
ms3va, Owner at The Carlton Restaurant, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Sully261,

Thank you for your comments - as a developing business, we appreciate constructive criticism and aim to rectify all issues.

We have just recently taken over The Carlton so all comments, both positive and negative, are welcomed to help us in improving our menu and The Carlton. All of our ingredients in our food are fresh and locally sourced and this also applies to our meats which are fresh and locally sourced to guarantee good quality and to support local businesses and suppliers. In addition, all foods in our menu are fresh and home-made and this includes our cakes and specials board.

We hope that this has not dampened your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back in The Carlton in the near future.

Kind Regards,

The Carlton Proprietors
“Toni's”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This restaurant makes really tasty food and the nicest yummiest puddings/cakes in Aberystwyth. Toni and Gaff, who have recently taken it over, make you feel very welcome and treat you as a valued customer even when they are rushed off their feet.

Again this is a really nice place to take the children out for a family meal. We will be visiting it often!!

• Visited August 2013