“Pleasant, well presented dining”
Review of The Orangery - CLOSED

The Orangery
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Nice building and decor, along with the warm welcome gave a good first impression when we dined here one evening. The italian style food was freshly prepared, well cooked and nicely presented. An enjoyable evening, would visit again.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I love this place! It's amazing. The atmosphere is beautiful, it's so relaxing and the staff is always very friendly. I spent many days and evenings and nights of my university life here. I also had a real romantic valentine's days here one year.

The hot chocolate was my favourite. The food is amazing to me. Very tasty and always fresh. I love it here!

Reviewed 13 September 2012

My food was lovely, but the other member of my party ordered the lasagne, which was so salty that neither of us was actually able to eat it! All the rest of teh meal and the drinks were good and service was fine.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This is now an Italian restaurant, but with the same owners. The food is basic, but well cooked and reasonably priced. The staff are friendly and helpful. In particular, if you are in a hurry they can achieve a swift service. This is a typical small town Italian restaurant. It is clear as to who its customers are and provides what they want. Long may it continue.

1  Thank ABC_1956
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The orangery is a nice little restaurant, the Menu is Varied and the choices do look good, untill ordered. The food that was sent out was not to the best of standards and was served by a very unenthusiastic waitress. Could tell we were the only other table in there and with good reason ! A very average dining experience that i wont be returning to !