“Perfect location”

Ranked #6 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I used to live in Aber and picked this place to stay for a friend's wedding as I new the location well: a perfect stone's through from the promenade really, but for a fraction of the price that the pretty average hotels on the seafront actually charge. Can't fault the price at all. Maes-Y-Mor is very clean and very practical, beds were very comfortable, amenities are perfectly fine, including free WIFI and parking. Still, you get what you pay for, don't expect a 4-star hotel! Would stay again as is very convenient.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Austria
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Maes-y-Mor is a nice and clean guest house just around the corner of the beach. Our room was clean and looked as it was newly refurbished recently. The bathroom was clean too and I really liked the stool in there. We had in the attic and it was quite hot. The cinema next door can be heard but is not loud enough to disturb one's sleep. The kitchen was clean and well equiped too.
On the whole it was a nice place but I don't know if I would stay there again as the landlady was a bit unfriendly. She was hardly there and I had the feeling that she didn't really care about anything as long as she gets the money.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank insel12
159peggy, Owner at Maes-Y-Mor, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Thank you for your review. We are open from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week, and always answer the phone 24hour . I am not at the hostel all that time as I am on call and will be there in 5 minutes.
I try my best and keep the cost down for the customer so we we manage on small staffing. I always tell the guest if arrving to phone me or text me or I will meet them if I know the time.
I was shocked that you thought I was unfriendly as I always make conversation to all guests and always will help if needed, I even collect guests from the train Station.
I do ask for payment on arrival if staying for 1 night , and I will confirm this with guest if booking by email. I have never felt this a problem with guests ,,
I am glad you thought the room was clean as I do take lot of pride in the place, despite the place is buget Accommodatio.
wales
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I have stayed here quite a few times as well as my fiance and my mum. It is the best value for money from all the hotels in Aberystwyth. Very clean and comfortable. The only thing is that you have to share the bathroom but when you are out and about all day that is not a problem. Very good location too and helpful lady owner.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank izzy7980
North Wales
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is the second time my daughter and I have stayed here for a getaway few days and we love it. The owner and her staff are really friendly, the whole place is lovely and clean and we were able to make full use of the kitchen for our meals.
The house is literally around the corner from the beach and a few minutes walk from all the amenities of the town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
tenby
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Comfortable, clean,very well equipped basic accomodation; in walking distance of sea and shops. Excellent value for money.Owner very helpful and accomodating.

Room Tip: We had the family room on the ground floor so had our own toilet and shower.It was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Arrived late Monday afternoon and was a little apprehensive as never stayed at a hostel before, but was amazed at the great location (round the corner from the beach).
Rooms are very well furnished, clean, with very good facilities... they were cleaned every day, beds made and clean towels provided.
Bathroom and kitchen were very clean and well equipped and even though there we a few people around very accessible.
Very friendly landlady..
Would very much recommend for singles, couples, or small family.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Have now stayed here twice and will do so agin next time we head this way. We stayed in one of the upstairs rooms last year, right next to the bathroom. And this time, two weeks ago, we stayed in the downstairs family room, which is en-suite. Lovely furnished rooms, clean, warm, comfy beds and friendly landlady. A real budget gem! I much rather have the kitchen fascilities than the pay over the top for the added B&B breakfast. And it's just around the corner from the sea! I would recommend this to anyone visiting Aberystwyth!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends