Maes-Y-Mor
US$133
US$151
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsshared kitchenwell equipped kitchenyour disposaladjoining houselaundry facilitiesself cateringseafront apartmentsea frontcooking equipmentbeautiful apartmentlady who runsother guestsfacilities are excellentcomfortable bedperfect locationdecorated to a very high standarda real home from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed at Maes-y-Mor for four days to finish a dissertation and to hand it in. I knew lots of people to stay with in Aber, but as it was freshers week decided I'd rather have my own space than be on a sofa! I was looking for somewhere on a budget and Maes y Mor was perfect at only £28 a night. The room was so clean, lovely and smart with a very, very cosy comfy bed, and I would have happily paid more! Although there's no breakfast included there is a VERY well equipped kitchen which is also very clean. Sharing a bathroom was no problem as there is one on each floor and again was very clean and tidy. For my needs I had a good night's sleep each night and being so central it was very easy to get about town and to campus- I was worried there might be a bit of noise at night due to students being back, but I didn't hear a thing. Very good stay, very impressed,will definitely stay again and will be recommending to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Aber :) Diolch yn Fawr!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Rhoces1
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We have now stayed at Maes-Y-Mor twice and been pleasantly surprised both times by the quality of the experience. I would advise guest perturbed by the 'hostel' title to ignore any concerns and give Maes-Y-Mor a chance because it really is brilliant.

We have stayed both times in the separate apartment which is like a wonderful little hobbit-hole! Beautiful decor, fantastically furnished and everything provided for. Big fluffy towels in the modern bathroom, crisp clean bedding in the big bedroom and a lovely fireplace in the comfortable living area. The kitchen area is well equipped and the bedroom has plenty of storage - what more could you ask for? Mererid is so helpful, attentive and accommodating, too.

Thank you Maes-Y-Mor for two excellent stays and for surpassing our expectations at every turn, looking forward to our next visit already!

Room Tip: Ask about the beautiful apartment!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny B
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I've been running a mountain bike holiday (www.chase2coast.co.uk) for the last 3 years and have just returned back from our 4th stay (ran the holiday twice this year).

The holiday finishes on the sea front after 4 days of hard riding. When I originally found Maes-Y-Mor, my requirements were;

: Near to the seafront to avoid the riders having to ride away from the beach once finished
: Secure storage for the bikes
: Kitchen to allow my guests to be able to use the food included on the holiday
: Space for a coach pickup the next day (bikes to be loaded too)

Maes-Y-Mor meets all of these requirements.

The rooms have a very high standard with tea/coffee, TV, Wifi and very comfy beds.

Although right near the front and near to all the bars, it's in a very quiet location should you be looking for a quiet night.

The owner is very welcoming and flexible to all our requirements.

We will be back again and again and again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I booked Maes Y Mor for one night on the 3rd August 2013. It was a friends stag do so we had arranged an activity day at Llain Activity Centre and needed somewhere to stay for the night. We had planned to go for a few drinks as well and this hotel was in the perfect location in the centre of town.

Before our stay the owners communication was excellent. Calling a week before to confirm our stay. We checked in quite late about 5pm. The house was perfect for what we needed. There was 8 of us and we were given 4 twin rooms at a very reasonable rate. Our rooms were on the same floor with a shared bathroom. There was also a kitchen/dining area down the hall. All 4 rooms were spotlessly clean and decorated well with great amenities which included clean towels, soap, tea/coffee facilities and tv.

The owner Mererid was lovely and happy to have a chat when we checked in. She was very accommodating of an all male group as some hotels are often reluctant to let stag parties stay the night.

After a fantastic nights sleep in a VERY comfortable bed check out was at a welcoming time of 11am.

Highly recommended and I will hopefully stay again if I need to stay in Aberystwyth.

• Stayed: August 2013
159peggy, Owner at Maes-Y-Mor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Thank you for your review , so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Recently arranged a long weekend in Aber with a group of friends and Maes-y-Mor was perfect for our requirements. 3 of us stayed in the en-suite family room with the rest of the group in other rooms - we were all really impressed with the quality, comfort and cleanliness of our rooms, particularly as it was so cheap! On top of that, the location was great - 60 seconds walk from the seafront but also handy for shops, pubs, restaurants in town. Finally, Mererid the owner was fantastic - really helpful and very friendly too. I would recommend Maes-y-Mor to anybody, regardless of budget!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends