“Fab place”

Ranked #6 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fab place”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have stayed here 3 time now and can recommend it. It is in a fantastic location. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean and tidy. I also have stayed in the house which sleeps 7 and it is amazing. So much so I was wanting to alter my furniture and decor when I got home. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils and a dishwasher so if you want to eat in it would be no problem. I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 11 May 2014

myself and my four children stayed at their apartment the place was absolutely spotless and had all mod cons staff very helpful.great showers four bath rooms full kitchen
recommend for a stay
thanks again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here in April as part of a group of students as we had a conference at the university in the day. The hotel was genuinely lovely, really cute building, staff were really friendly! The room was beautiful, the decoration was very modern and the room was very spacious (myself and my friend stayed in room 2, at the front of the building). Plenty of space and the beds were very comfortable. There was one communal bathroom on each floor (we shared with six other girls). This was not a problem for us because we all knew each other, however I am not sure how I would feel about sharing a bathroom with strangers. We went out in Aberystwyth in the night and we had an amazing time! The communal kitchen was of a good size, and although we didn't use it we were impressed. Overall highly recommended, will definitely stay here again! Also recommend Aberystwyth nightlife!

Room Tip: Bigger rooms are at the front of the building
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Myself and 10 other Psychology students stayed over night on 26/4/2014 due to us attending a conference at Aberystwyth University. I was extremely impressed with both the friendly staff and the quality of the room. Considering the rooms were very modestly priced I can honestly say that I could not fault them. Overall an very enjoyable stay and I would definately come and stay here again. Thanks Mererid :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Have just got back from a 3 night stay at Maes y Mor, and it was great, central, and very clean. The beds were really comfortable and I was very impressed with the standard of the fixtures, and at a great price too! Having somewhere to park off the road was an added bonus. The booking process was very easy, and Mererid replied very quickly to e-mails. Would definitely stay again when in Aberystwyth!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed in the family room downstairs. I had booked a double room with a shared bathroom but we were put in this room as that room was taken. It was lovely to have an upgrade to a room with a bathroom in it. The room was very big with a lovely comfortable double bed which we slept in, and two single beds which were handy for our things! It was a little dark as it was on the ground floor, but we only used it really for sleeping so that was fine. Kettle and coffee etc in the room was useful, and the shower was fine. We were greeted in a lovely friendly manner and had everything we needed. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Stayed here a few years back in an upstairs double and booked again as was a very pleasant experience. However this time around the landlady "upgraded us" to the downstairs family room which was almost pitch black - tiny window letting in light at the back of a long cold room next to the front door. Apparently an upgrade due to the en suite shower, again cold and dark. We weren't given a choice in this upgrade. So unhappy I could have cried. Also they had photographers there at the time who requested we partook in a video for the website, which was ironic as we were just coming back to pick up our stuff having found somewhere else to stay. Didn't stay the night - room was too depressing. Found somewhere else and snuck out, having paid for the pleasure.

Room Tip: For the love of God, not downstairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple