“Cosy, clean and good food”
Review of Y Ffarmers

Y Ffarmers
Ranked #5 of 155 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Price range: US$14 - US$42
Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A food-led pub in the pretty village of Llanfihangel y Creuddyn just outside Aberystwyth, serving good homemade meals using local, seasonal produce.
Reviewed 19 September 2013

We chose this place as it had good reviews on here and we were not disappointed. An average size menu with a good balanced choice of food (which I like because too many choices makes it difficult to choose something and makes one suspicious that no home-cooking is involved!)

My husband and I shared the delicious starter of home-made chicken liver pate and chutney with some gorgeous nutty bread which we found perfect in quantity as we wanted some space left for the puddings!!! For main meals we had the beer battered fish, the beef burger and the leek and butternut squash lasagne - all were excellent and served with home-cooked chips and peas /salad.

The puddings were all home-made too and were excellent. I will definitely be having the lemon cheesecake next time!

Would we return? Yes - excellent quality and very reasonably priced. Good prompt service too.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

not what youd expect from the front, the pub is extended and bright and airy while retaining a traditional feel, meals were all delicious, good sized portions, served in a timely manner andby friendly staff. 4 of us had 3 courses and 2 drinks each and a bill of £100, excellent value for a more than decent meal.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Had a meal for 2 and the atmosphere was good, restaurant was busy/lively and the food was excellent. Staff lovely. Can't fault it. Thanks.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Having read Trip Advisor reviews for places to eat in Ceredigion in advance of our holiday, we decided that Y Ffarmers would be well worth the 50 minute drive from where we were staying - and we weren't disappointed. The pub is located in very beautiful remote countryside and is very charming and welcoming with very friendly staff. The food was of excellent quality using fantastic local ingredients and good value for money - puddings (chocolate pot and lime posset) were especially amazing. It was a nice touch that all the breads and pickles are also made in the kitchen. Definitely worth the trip, we had a very special evening out.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We - that is myself, girlfriend and two children (ages 1 and 5) - decided to visit on the spur of the moment after seeing the good reviews on this site. It was certainly a bit of a trek from Aberystwyth and also tricky to find (no sat nav), but it was totally worth it. We somewhat ignorantly turned up on a Saturday evening without having made a reservation, but the staff were very friendly and accommodating and sorted us a table in no time. I would emulate the vast majority of reviews preceding this one - the ambience was excellent, the service excellent and the food similarly fantastic. We all really enjoyed our meals, with my 5 year old son - a notoriously fussy eater - exclaiming this pasta bolognese was "amazing" and that he'd happily eat it "every day forever". I echo those comments re: my burger - best I've ever had. My only disappointment was that I don't live next door to the place!