“Loved it since I was a child”
Review of Ceredigion Museum

Ceredigion Museum
Ranked #5 of 33 things to do in Aberystwyth
More attraction details
Owner description: Ceredigion Museum is a living mediator between the past and present. We aim to reflect the history of the county through material evidence. Ceredigion Museum is based at the Coliseum, Aberystwyth, with additional facilities throughout the county. Along with the permanent displays the museum has a lively programme of temporary exhibitions and events. Admission is free
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Loved it since I was a child”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I have been to this museum many times as a child as I have family in Aberystwyth and spent many weekends if my childhood here. We came to Aber this week (me and my partner) and brought the kids with us. We spent many hours in the arcade and walking round everywhere when we walked past the museum. I asked them if they fancied going to have a look 'YESSS' they replied!
To my surprise bare in mind they were ages 8 9 and 13 they absolutely loved it and really took in all the history! The 8 year old I think took a picture of almost everything in there! I didn't realise something that cost nothing could interest them as much as it did.
They especially enjoyed the bedroom with the little crib, imagining what life would have been like years ago.
Thank you for allowing us to visit this fantastic place at the price of a donation. I guarantee we will be in there next time we visit Aberystwyth.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“A gem of a place - and free”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We would have missed this place had it not been for a local person guiding us round town for the day.

This beautiful old theatre is a fitting place for all the fascinating items on view. A lot of local history and curios - you could spend a good hour or so. And it is FREE (at the time of our visit).

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but have a look and leave if it is not for you, if you don't have to pay to get in.

Visited June 2014
ludlow shropshire
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Can't believe this is free ”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

So easy to lose yourself in here every where you look there are interesting collections completely fascinating the children absolutely loved it and it's free

Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic museum”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

This museum is a bit like a tardis, its huge on the inside. There is so much to see, on a number of floors. It is also free to get in which is amazing, especailly given its size. Defiantly worth a visit.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MichaelaJH89
Worcester, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fascinating museum housed in beautiful old theatre”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

There is a bit of something for everyone here. My favourite thing was the building itself, and the section on its history. All the exhibitions were fascinating, and the shop sells some lovely old fashioned and funky toys and arts/crafts gifts.

Visited July 2014