All reviews perfect stay sea view wet room full welsh perfect location fast wifi b and b choice of cereals breakfast was delicious warm welcome bottled water large tv beautiful room little touches cardigan bay john ensuite
Reviewed 18 August 2015

Staying at Yr Hafod was an absolute delight. You get a warm welcome from the friendly owner John, the rooms are large and comfortable and seem newly refurbished. The breakfasts are incredible - a full Welsh or a veggie Welsh or fruit and yoghurt (and you've never seen such a plateful of fruit). The location si stunning (sea front), handy for the station, the promenade and all the other wonders that Aberystwyth has to offer (walks, welsh language summer course at the uni, beautiful scenery, quirky location and friendly locals to name but a few).

Room tip: There are sea view rooms, but even those without a sea view are lovely. Plenty of room to hang your clothes, large comfy bed.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank GirlfromBrussels
Reviewed 9 August 2015

Was looking for a decent b&b in my home town for a one night stay for a school reunion and Yr Hafod came recommended. I echo all the other positive comments on here; spotlessly clean en suite double room with comfy bed and sea view over South beach - it's been 30 years since I last fell asleep to the sounds of the waves on that beach as I grew up round the corner from Yr Hafod. Nice to catch up with John after all these years and as a host he was spot on. Lovely cooked breakfast went down well although after a late night and with a slight hangover can I suggest a later sitting on Sunday's please John? Maybe about 11 o'clock??? Lol!
All in all a quality establishment that I wouldn't hesitate to visit again, highly recommended.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Leekmuncher7474
Reviewed 2 August 2015

third return to this top class smallhotel on aberystwyth seafront.could not fault this guest house.john could not make you feel, more welcome.this guesthouse is spotless,and you could not wish for a better breakfast.we would not stay anywhere else in aberystwyth.see you again next year john.dave and kevin.

Room tip: all rooms are good
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank david c
Reviewed 30 April 2015

A lovely greeting was waiting for us on our arrival and we were shown to our spotlessly clean rooms.After a very comfortable nights sleep we were greeted by John in the morning with a great choice of breakfasts and we settled for the full Welsh which was perfectly cooked and served by an unfailing pleasant and humorous host. There was nothing I could fault about our stay and I wouldn't hesitate to book again or recommend it to anyone

Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Dawn P
Reviewed 30 April 2015

We have just come back from another couple of days in my hometown of Aberystwyth and the Yr Hafod has once again excelled, John has AGAIN refurbished the place and it is immaculate, The rooms are not only to a modern high standard but spotless as well, Beds are comfortable, I always go for the rooms with a sea View, Dolphins can be spotted from here. Breakfast is great as is the service that John provides, Second to none once again. Thank you to John and the Yr Hafod.

Date of stay: April 2015