Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
LynneJones15
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Wonderful B&B

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Mar 2022
I've just returned from a three night stay at Yr Hafod and can totally recommend it to anyone. The location is amazing with a sea view from my room and the breakfast table. My room (a single) was lovely and complete with everything you could need and also extremely clean. John, the host, was very friendly and helpful with a wonderfully wicked Welsh sense of humour (once you see the wifi password you'll know what I mean :)) Breakfast was really nice and even the scaled down version was too much for me to finish! John is a perfectionist and you'll be hard pushed to find a B&B with such attention to detail, especially for this price. I'm looking forward to returning again at the end of the year. Thanks for everything John!
Date of stay: March 2022
Room Tip: The single room has a beautiful sea view.
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
    £85
  • Algotels
10.3 miles from Yr Hafod Guest House
View more hotels in Aberystwyth
All reviews sense of humour sea front full welsh wet room bay window comfy chairs easy walking distance welsh breakfast toast breakfast table warm welcome ocean view pubs and restaurants national library of wales fantastic stay stay there again two nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2022 via mobile

We’ve just got back from a nights stay at Yr Hafod, it’s perfectly placed on the sea front with street parking outside; next to the castle and with shops / bars just round the corner. We stayed in the second floor, the sea view was amazing. Breakfast was great and the welcome was more than great, will definitely stay again

Date of stay: March 2022
Reviewed 15 September 2021 via mobile

Thank you John, we had a really enjoyable and relaxing 3 night stay with you in Aber.

The location of the Guest House is ideal for exploring the town. Overlooking South Beach, next door to the castle, close to the high street and just around the corner from the train station.

Breakfast is fab, fresh and tasty, with as much toast as you can eat!

John is a lovely man and a great host. He has thought of everything you'll need in your room, for example plenty of storage, wooden hangers, a tea towel and plenty of tea/ coffee. The bathroom has been renovated to a very high standard. Our twin room had a huge walk in shower.

Parking is available outside, not a problem to find a space after around 6'ish. There is a reasonably priced pay and display within 2 minutes walking distance anyway.

The WiFi is reliable, fast and free.

Thanks again for a brill stay. I was a student in Aber back in the early 90s, and whilst much has changed since then, Aber is still a beautiful town to visit.

David & Alison

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 26 August 2021 via mobile

Another top quality stay at Yr Hafod. John is the perfect host and so welcoming. The rooms are clean and well appointed and the breakfasts are perfect to set you up for a day exploring Aber and the environs. Wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else in Aberystwyth.

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 28 July 2021

I stayed at YR Hafod for two nights and it was absolutely lovely. The rooms were comfortable, spacious, and very clean. The owner, John, was friendly, funny, and very welcoming - a truly wonderful host. The breakfast was also delicious! If I ever have the good fortune to come back to Aberystwyth, I would look forward to staying here again.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 25 June 2021

My son and I spent one night here in June.
The room was spotless and the bathroom quite luxurious. The beds were really comfortable and we both slept well. Nice lined curtains keep the room dark so we won't woken by early morning bright light.
Yr Hafod is in an excellent location, on the sea front and next to the castle.
There was a huge breakfast which I couldn't manage after a large meal the.night before. I would have liked some fruit.I
Yr Hafod is a lovely place to stay and very good value.
We had lots of complimentary tea, coffee and got chocolate, nice biscuits and chocolates in our room.
The furniture is good and obviously excellent quality.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Date of stay: June 2021