“Great place to stay in Aber”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Aberystwyth
Shoreline Guest House
Ranked #2 of 36 Aberystwyth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My wife and I recently stayed here, and all we can say is it is a wonderful place to stay. This guest house is in a fantastic location, right by the the beach & harbour. The couple who run the guest-house are very friendly and welcoming, even down to offering their own DVD’s to watch in your room. We arrived early but were allowed to freshen up and drop off our bags. We had the en-suite on the ground floor, the room was clean, comfortable and nicely decorated.

Breakfast is definitely recommended, and then you can burn it off walking up Constitution Hill!!!!

All in all, a great place to stay, in a lovely place.

We will definitely stay here again - highly recommended.

Many thanks for a great stay

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stolari

Reviewed 22 July 2011

once again a fantastic stay, we had the excellent seaview room, Cannot fault the feeling of waking and opening the curtains to look at the stunning views..
Candy and Lenny were the same great hosts as lways, and the breakfast seems to get bigger each stay!!!
Well reccomended to anyone thinking of visiting the north wales area..
Neil and Claire..

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bezzabsa
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Stayed there for a night on business in Aberystwyth, and loved the place. Spotless and well maintained, but best of all, the welcome you get there is superb. The "landlady" is so friendly, it really did feel like id been there so many times before, and a very welcome change to the normal feeling in many B&B's. Well done to The Shoreline for an excelent Guest House, and one i would recomend to anyone!!
Phil

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank PhillieB
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This is a bed and breakfast that does what is say's on the tin. A warm welcome awaits your arrival, you are given a key and a code to the front door, so you can come and go as you please. Each room has a compact shower room with shower gel included. Plenty of tea and coffee,tv and dvd player there is a box in the hall downstairs of dvd's to borrow, great idea for kids that need to unwind after a busy day.A fabulous cooked breakfast with plenty of tea and coffee, breakfast room overlook.s the sea. There is parking on the side of the road,outside the front of the bed and breakfast. We will stay here again, what a lovely warm welcome.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2011

Stayed at the Shoreline for the better part of a week while doing some work at the University. My seaview room was very clean -- and kept that way throughout the week -- as were the rest of the facilities. The Shoreline shows some age and wear yet, but no more than other B & Bs that I've encountered in various UK towns. The room was quiet enough, though, as often happens, there were some late-night comings and goings from neighbors and that's bound to be heard. The full English breakfasts, however, made up for the small shortcomings: they were big and delightful. Overall, a place I'd come back to the next time I'm in Aber.

Room Tip: Seaview side was definitely worth the ask.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Pfunkenstein
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Been using SHORELINE for 12years and we can highly reccomend this guest house and the lovley couple that run it. They have always made us feel really welcome, Linda Brookes

Room Tip: Phone well in advance as its so popular
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank lindabrookes
Reviewed 13 May 2011

The Shoreline Guesthouse is a wonderful place to stay, and Aberystwyth is beautiful. We picked it because it was high up on Tripadvisor (number 1, I think). I arrived for a conference early in the day- 9h30 and had a talk in the afternoon. Candy let me put my things down in the room and freshen up even though they weren’t quite finished cleaning. (I was so grateful because I really needed to brush teeth, wash face, and change for the talk I was giving in the afternoon.) While I was collecting myself, the woman cleaning up the room pointed out some dolphins in the ocean. My first impression of the people there and the town were extremely positive.

We were in room 7, which is on the top floor facing the front. I’ve included a photo of the view. It was like a mural was painted on the wall. Views don’t get any better than that. The bed was also very comfortable. My friend stayed in the double bed, and I was in the twin. The twin was great, but my friend just kept raving about how the double was the most comfortable bed in which she had ever slept. (We found out later it was brand new.)

The internet connection was not very good in Room 7 because it is far away from the router. Although there was always a good connection in the breakfast area and the owners left that open all of the time.

The location is great. It is right on the shore as you probably guessed from our wonderful view. The guesthouse is a block down from the castle remains. If you walk though them and bend right, you are downtown within 5 minutes. The downtown is quite small, and you can get to everything easily from the hotel. Walking to the top of hill at the end of Marine Terrace past the castle remains is a fun activity. (I think Marine Terrace is the name.)

Breakfast is also very nice. Candy does a good “English” breakfast. (Is it called something different in Wales?) And we enjoyed the view with our coffee every morning. The cost was 30 GBP per person but I do not know how this fluctuates throughout the year.

(After the conference in Bucharest when we stayed in the fabulous Hotel Christina, our jealous colleagues decided to follow our lead for the Aberystwyth conference and stayed with us. And everyone really enjoyed his or her stay here.)

Friends of Shoreline Guesthouse from,