“Birthday treat”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Birthday treat”
Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Richmond in march for a birthday treat.I stayed in a sea view room was wonderful to sea the see in a morning.hotel had a good location with its own car park at rear.Breakfast in morning had loads of choices and staff kind and helpfull.never want to leave the sea side love it. over all was a lovely surprise and had a great time.would recomend this to you for a great place to stay..

Stayed March 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We recently stayed here as a late booking for our mini honeymoon.

We were given the family room/the flat on the top floor which was spacious and freshly decorated.

The room was clean with complimentary tea and coffee facilities. Our sea view was amazing to relax too and fab to wake up too.
The hotel is located on the sea front, close to the centre of town but far enough from the noise of the busy bars.

Staff were friendly and professional and we would recommend this hotel and area.

• Stayed July 2013
West Midlands
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I stayed at the Richmond Hotel whilst on business in Aberystwyth. The first advantage is the private car park - I get the impression that most parking in the town is on-street which I'm not keen on when I don't know an area well. Check in was friendly and efficient and I was directed to a room at the top of the hotel. There are quite a few narrow stairs to get up there so people with any mobility problems would definitely need to speak to the hotel before booking. However, the lady on Reception kindly offered help with luggage (which I did not need).

The room itself had a bay window with a seating area in front of it with wonderful views right over the sea. The rest of the room was freshly decorated and extremely clean, comfortable and well stocked. My only slight quibble was that the large bathroom had no separate shower - but a shower attachment in the bath - but I'm sure I could have specified a room with a shower if I had thought of it.

The hotel has its own bar and restaurant area. I didn't use these on the one night I was in the town but breakfast was excellent. Lots of choices of fruit and cereal and very tasty and well cooked options.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
London
Reviewed 18 June 2013

No detail was too much trouble. When I booked, I'd requested a taxi to be booked for an event I was attending. On arrival, reception advised me that the taxi was booked as requested. A needed to iron my dress prior to going. Both an iron and ironing board were produced within minutes. In the morning, I was awaked by the sound of the sea and the view was fantastic from my room. I felt as if I was on holiday in the 'med'. The breakfast was freshly cooked and well presented and served by two local ladies, who were able to suggest sights to see before leaving by train in the afternoon.

Room Tip: The sea view rooms were fantastic
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Room 10 is a small double, but comfortable - sea view and nicely refurbished with shower room. Very clean. Not easy carrying bags and cases up lots of stairs with fire doors, but minor complaint and I would stay again.

Stayed June 2013
Ealing,London
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Room with a lovely view of the sea. Great to wake with the sound of the waves crashing onto the beach. Comfortable bed, updated bathroom. Fresh water every morning in the room. Wardrobe an after thought and a little small. Helpful, polite staff.
Breakfast was good and served by very friendly ladies. Hotel lounge/dining room a little dated and the music was so bad I had to get up and turn it off! The food needs working on. Tasty lamb but totally overcooked. Fish cakes dry, needs a sauce of some kind. Couldn't eat later than 7.30 which was to early.
Overall, would stay again just not eat there.

Room Tip: Room 10 situated at the front of the hotel, so fantastic view. Beware though, when the windows were...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leigh D
England
Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

You can tell this hotel is well managed by the attention to detail and quality. Only the crisps were horrible (lamb and mint). Everything else was really good and I was made to feel very welcome. Lovely sunset was seen from the bar over the sea at the front, and a neat lawn and private car park at the rear.

• Stayed May 2013