“Very Friendly Hotel”
Review of Richmond Hotel

Richmond Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was impressed with the service from the staff when I checked in - the young lady I dealt with could not have done more to help (not sure of her name but she said that she had studied at the University). I had a room at the front of the hotel with a huge bay window and fantastic view of the sea. I will admit that I was reluctant to eat in the hotel but I am glad that I did. The food was of a very good quality and reasonably priced.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 December 2013

So glad I stayed here again on my return trip to Aberystwyth. The friendly staff, good food and central location are worth it's weight in good. My bedroom had been decorated and upgraded since my last visit. To sit in my bedroom window looking out over the bay can not be beaten anywhere. Looking forward to my next trip to Aber

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed in Aberystwyth to collect our son from uni and the Richmond Hotel was marvelous. A great night's sleep overlooking the sea followed by a full Welsh breakfast set us up to tackle entering our student's room and loading the car in the morning. We plan to have dinner in the restaurant when we return in January after overhearing other guests compliments at breakfast.

Room Tip: Sea view is lovely and peaceful
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is conveniently located for all your needs - close to the station, shops, bars and restaurants; there is also a private car park. Staff are friendly and attentive and seem to enjoy what they are doing. Our room was well furnished and decorated and being at the front had wonderful views across the Irish Sea. There is a good deal to choose from at the included breakfast, with cooked food being served at table. The promenade at Aberystwyth is quiet at night, so it was possible to enjoy a good night's sleep. Don't be put off this hotel. It is not a tacky sea-front guest house but a very well-run quality hotel.

Room Tip: Sea front rooms are best and offer good views across the Irish Sea.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Haynest
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our stay in the Richmond could not have been better. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the staff were excellent, very friendly and very attentive. The view from our room window was beautiful, the sea breaking on the shore, with an unbroken panoramic view of the bay.
We decided to eat in at the hotel restaurant, and we were not disappointed. I tend to eat my steak blue (bleu), and so many chefs get this wrong, but the chef at the Richmond got it spot on.
The all round service and room were excellent and we will definitely be booking in again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Another great stay at this hotel this was our fifth visit and it never fails to impress .
Breakfast and evening meal excellent as usual.
all the staff very pleasant and polite.
have had a different room on every visit and have never been disapointed always very clean and tidy .we will be back for another visit in the new year keep up the good work 10 out of 10 .
Martin & Glynis.

Room Tip: when booking at this hotel ask for a sea view room the sunsets are breath taking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank martin l
Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

I came to Aberystwyth to visit my daughter who is at University here and booked this hotel after reading the reviews and I wasn't disappointed! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and the breakfast lived up to expectations. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo