“Hiking Ceredigion path”
Review of Richmond Hotel

Richmond Hotel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I made the Richmond my home base for 10 days hiking the coast path. Great folks, great food, and warm hospitality. This was my second year hiking in Wales but my first trip to Aberystwyth - but not my last! It was worth the trip from the USA. Cheers

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Another trip to Aberystwyth to see my daughter at the university for a few days and we thought we would treat ourselves to a hotel close to her sea-front accommodation.

We picked the Richmond Hotel using the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed.

The whole hotel was spotlessly clean and warm and the sea view across the promenade was idyllic. Breakfast was excellent and even better were the hotel's staff - friendly and helpful.

Superb and we will be back at the end of May.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Super friendly character hotel on the sea front and very near the town centre with its own car park. Very clean, nice warm room with delightful sea view over Cardigan Bay. Room has wi-fi. Comfortably bed. Very helpful staff. Nice lounge and dining room with a great breakfast. We could find no fault and highly recommend this hotel. Beware if you are impaired though as there is no lift.
Keith & Lynda

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view (most rooms do).
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at the hotel and on each occasion our experience has been excellent. Being the middle of January it was comforting to have warmth throughout the hotel and the sea views of Cardigan Bay from the front rooms are superb. The room we were in (Room 8) was fairly modest in size but very comfortable with a nice big bathroom. Breakfast was first class and the staff very courteous, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have superb views out to Cardigan Bay
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel and have to say it is a little gem.The rooms are comfortable and well equipped the food is excellent and the staff are first class.This was a business trip but I shall return with my good lady for a relaxing trip soon.I also have to say what a fantastic job the Council and the locals have done in clearing up the Promenade after the recent storms which caused lots of damage.

JB.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was impressed with the service from the staff when I checked in - the young lady I dealt with could not have done more to help (not sure of her name but she said that she had studied at the University). I had a room at the front of the hotel with a huge bay window and fantastic view of the sea. I will admit that I was reluctant to eat in the hotel but I am glad that I did. The food was of a very good quality and reasonably priced.
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2013

So glad I stayed here again on my return trip to Aberystwyth. The friendly staff, good food and central location are worth it's weight in good. My bedroom had been decorated and upgraded since my last visit. To sit in my bedroom window looking out over the bay can not be beaten anywhere. Looking forward to my next trip to Aber

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends