Over the last five years I've stayed in a lot of B&Bs in Aber and this is by far my favourite. I had a single room on the top floor which was clean, well decorated and the breakfast was superb. I didn't have a sea view but I didn't mind as I wasn't in much.
Big plus points:
- Nice room with digital TV.
- I'm fussy about breakfast but there was a selection of fresh fruit, cereals and a nice fry up. They were also attentive and well organised.
- You could come and go from the hotel without seeing a soul even though they were fully booked which is great because I hate places where you're constantly saying Hi and Bye to people you don't really know / want to know.
- Good sized car park was always able to find a space.
There isn't a lift which would be a nightmare if you're elderly or disabled but I guess if you're in that situation you check access before you book.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Richmond Hotel Aberystwyth, a Grade II listed former Merchant's House, enjoys an enviable prime sea front location on the main promenade overlooking Cardigan Bay and is a short stroll to the town centre and University. We offer a friendly, relaxed yet attentive level of service. Well appointed rooms are thoughtfully equipped to meet the needs of our business and leisure guests. Splendid sea views can be appreciated from many of the rooms and public areas. We pride ourselves in sourcing local Welsh products for you to enjoy when dining with us. Our private on site car park is a real bonus in this part of town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Richmond Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Richmond Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales