Conrah Hotel
Four Seasons Hotel(Aberystwyth)
  • Beachfront
Richmond Hotel(Aberystwyth)
View Hotel
All reviewsnew ownersmain buildinglovely hotelrolling hillsbreakfast and dinnerwelsh countrysideroom was largecomfortable bedsuperb viewsone night staygood sizelovely roomample parkingmid walesenjoyable staystayed for two nightstop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for one night when we were doing a tour of Wales.
Our sat nav took us completely out of the way and when phoning the hotel for help the lovely girl answering the phone (unfortunately I cannot remember her name) directed us expertly from the vague description I could give her of where we were.

The same young lady ( a student at the uni) gave us a warm welcome and is truly an asset to the hotel.

The views were stunnning from bothe the hotel lounge and from our room situated in the outbuildings at the back of the hotel.

The deluxe room was exactly as described, views stunning, spotlessly clean and very spacious

breakfast was wonderful and value for money wise you couldn't fault the place.

Will definately stay again if in the area and for more than one night next time!

Room Tip: go for the deluxe xx
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wychypoo
NathanBiggs, Manager at Conrah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Many thanks for your very kind words. It is always a pleasure to deal with such lovely people. We hope to see you at the Conrah again soon

Reviewed 7 September 2012

This hotel was booked at random from the internet as we had to attend a family funeral. Four members of the family stayed here, in different, but equally comfortable rooms. We all met for dinner and breakfast. The staff put themselves out for our enjoyment and comfort.
This is a quiet Hotel in a quiet location. It would be excellent for romance, or for restful holdiays.
I could not find the hairdryer in the room (although it was there we later discovered) and I telephoned reception to ask for one. It was there within 3 minutes... with a smile!
Our family wanted to sit in the window, overlooking the exceptional views across the uninterrupted green hillside, but the window tables were too small. A wonderfully friendly young man, called Nathan, went to a lot of trouble moving a huge table into the window so we had enough room, in our ideal position. It made our night! The meal was lovely and the view utterly stunning as the sun went down across the trees and hills.
Breakfast was excellent. The full English here is NOT served up like a transport cafe! It is arranged on the plate, hot and appetising, without any grease or fat what-so-ever.
I will definately stay in this hotel again. We have stayed all over the world in very good Hotels... the Conrah may not be slick and polished but it is outstanding in its endeavour to put the patron first. I was very, very impressed. Well done to all the staff who made a very sad time, exceptionally relaxing.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the green hills and garden are to die for!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Roz O
NathanBiggs, General Manager at Conrah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Roz 0,

Many thanks for your kind words, to be honest it was more than a pleasure to help and accommodate you during your stay. We look forward to your return.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My husband and I loved this venue. We were given complimentary rooms for our wedding, so we might have had the nicer honeymoon rooms. We have seen only 2 rooms since all of the regular rooms were being used. Our room had a pink/red decor of a country-style house. It was so cozy and pretty with gorgeous views of a garden. It was very quiet and peaceful. The service was great, the owner, Lynn was so amazing and patient with all of our wedding- organizing requests. The decor of the halls in the hotel was beautiful as well, very intimate and welcoming with paintings of animals done by a local artist from Aberystwyth. The food was delicious , especially lamb. Hoping to come back there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1loves2travel

Dear 1loves2travel,

Many congratulations once again. The Conrah team thoroughly enjoyed working a wedding with such wonderful people creating a fantastic atmosphere. Very best wishes for your long and happy future together.

Regards

Reviewed 26 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights whilst on a two week travelling holiday. Our room, in the building annexed to the main hotel was perfect with beautiful views of the garden through two large windows. The room was sizeable, well furnished and extremely comfortable, so much so that we decided to spend much of our time enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of the whole place rather than rushing around sight seeing. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the food was very good and reasonably priced. We would certainly visit again to experience the tranquility, design and appointment of the room, as well as the hotel and it's beautiful grounds. Thanks for a lovely stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary D

Dear Gary D,

You are more than welcome. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time with us, to read such kind words is fantastic. We hope it won't be too long before you visit again.

Regards

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Not sure this hotel understands customer service.
After driving for 5 hours to get there, nobody was waiting on reception and we had to go and hunt for some assistance, when we eventually found somebody she wasn't very friendly.
When arriving back to the hotel after a day out I found the doors to the fire escape in my room wide open, with a staircase leading up to it anybody could have just wandered in. I was extremely unimpressed as I had left my laptop and other personal belonging on the bed assuming they would be safe. I complained to reception about this and was told 'we always do that, and nothing gets stolen' the lady I spoke to made it sound like I was being rude for questioning her. I appreciate that Aber is a safe area (having lived there for 3 years myself) but it wasn't her stuff to risk!
The rooms were okay, if a bit dated, but its an old country house and the style suited quite well.
Breakfast was good, cooked breakfast was done when asked for rather than sitting around waiting for you.
I would recommend staying at this hotel if you are looking for a beautiful setting, but not if you expect good service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear HMQ8,

I was deeply saddened to hear of your experience with us at the Conrah. I have since checked which member of staff was on this day and the appropriate action has been taken. It is not our usual practice to jeopardise customers belongings, the housekeeping team usually open windows when cleaning a particular room to freshen it up. Unfortunately on this occasion they were not vigilant enough.

I would like to offer my personal apologies on this occasion and clearly state that this is not the normal way in which we operate. I sincerely hope you will return and allow us the opportunity to prove this.

Kind Regards