“Great stay at the Conrah Hotel, Aberystwyth”
Review of Conrah Hotel

Conrah Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Aberystwyth
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Great stay at the Conrah Hotel, Aberystwyth”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My wife and I have just enjoyed a 2-night stay using a LivingSocial voucher. The Conrah is a beautiful Country-House style hotel set on a hillside overlooking attractive Welsh countryside just 3 miles from Aberystwyth. Our room was large and well decorated with a first-class bathroom. The coffe and tea making faciliites were well stocked and we had a dish of complimentary sweets. The lounge and bar areas were tastefully furnished and the dining rooms had large windows looking out over fields filled with sheep and their new-born lambs. We dined in both nights and it really was "fine dining". The fixed-price menu on Sunday was quite exceptional value at £15.95 for 3 courses while the breakfasts made lunch quite unnecessary! We cannot recommend the Conrah highly enough and will certainly visit again.

2 Thank Francis D
NathanBiggs, General Manager at Conrah Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Francis D,

I was very happy to read your flattering comments. The living social deal has been wonderful for us in showcasing the hotel and more importantly the wonderful team we have. I am very proud to have such a wonderful team and equally excited to have gained many more wonderful guests.

Kind Regards

Nathan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Having just moved back to Aber after 30+ years, we were keen to find a good quality restaurant to celebrate my birthday, so my husband treated us to Sunday lunch at the Conrah, which is only a short way outside Aber, less than 10mins gentle drive. The views from the bar were wonderful, even though the weather wasn't! The food was superb - we had chicken terrine starters, tender succulent lamb and pork mains with gorgeous roast potatoes and fresh veg, and sumptuous desserts, all enjoyed with views over the emerging spring gardens, with lambs in the field. Our waitress was lovely, and the gentleman on reception couldn't have been more welcoming, helpful and friendly. As lovers of fine dining we were delighted to find this lovely hotel, and have promised summer guests we will take them there for lunch and afternoon tea. Other reviewers have praised the bedrooms, so we would encourage other visitors to try staying there - it's a country house hotel in the manner of a 'gentleman's residence' in a beautiful setting, and if only we'd known earlier, we would have chosen to stay there during our frequent house-hunting visits!

1 Thank JessicaBuns
Many thanks Jessicabuns,

I am so glad to have been a part of the reason your birthday lunch was special. I would like to say once again many happy returns and look forward to host more of these occasions for you in the future.

Lymington
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

On the out skirts of Aberyswyth, set in 18 acres of rolling hills, the views are stunning. A very warm reception greeted me on arrival and the rest of my stay equalled the welcome. I chose to have dinner which clearly displays they have chefs who can cook properly. I chose terrine, followed by salmon and then concluded with a very generous cheese board and 5 assorted welsh cheeses. My entire stay exceeded my expectations and the staff made my stay that little bit special. I found out they are dog friendly, so next time I'll treat Louis, my four legged friend.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Boss17
Dear Boss 17,

Many thanks for your wonderful review. We have a very small team at the Conrah but feel that each member plays a huge part in the whole customer experience. The team of chefs as they are behind closed doors very rarely see the experience the customer is having so I have shown them the review which has given them all a buzz.

I look forward to welcoming you again

regards

Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

I have just returned from a two day stay at the Conrah Hotel, Aberystywyth. The hotel has the lovely warm feel of a country house hotel, one where you can relax and enjoy life at your leisure. It was so civilised to be to enjoy a game of scrabble accompanied by a nice gin and tonic or to sit back and take in the view whilst enjoying a lovely afternoon tea.

However what marks this hotel out though is the unfailingly pleasant and helpful service of ALL staff - good service is lovely to see, but personable service takes it that one step further - and this hotel obviously delights in delivering service of the highest calibre. I will definately return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank k8butterfield
Hi k8butterfield,

It is a pleasure to deliver such personable service to such wonderful guests. As a team the highest accolade is the smile on the face of each and every guest. I am so grateful that you took the time to post such kind words.

I hope to see you again many times in the future

wales
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My husband and I spent a night at the Conrah Hotel on a LivingSocial deal.
We had a most enjoyable stay.We were allocated a room with a stunning view which was further enhanced by the excellent weather.
The room was well decorated with some personal touches that made it even more welcoming.
We had a comfortable nights sleep and could not fault the room.
Breakfast was top notch.It included a range of delicious fruit juices,choice of cereals and fruit and a beautifully presented and appetising Welsh breakfast.
The view from the dining room again was stunning. It overlooked the garden at the side and is an ornithologists dream. During the time it took to eat our breakfast I observed no less than eleven different species of bird.
I must make a special mention of Tim, the guy on reception.He was so charming and helpful he made our brief visit to the hotel extra special.He is a real asset to the hotel and certainly knows how to give a warm,Welsh welcome. Thank you.

2 Thank moggo
Dear moggo,

Many thanks for the kind words. It was the first time we had put a deal on living social and have been overwhelmed by the response and how much of a pleasure it has been to deal with the customers. I has passed on your comments to Tim and it has left him grinning from ear to ear.

I hope to see you again at the Conrah.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Visited on 14th April.Impossible to find criticism.Very welcoming,especially young man on duty who proved to be courteous and efficient.Accommodation very good,food excellent.Will definitely go again.

HI Gwynneth,

Many thanks for your kind comments, I have passed on your special thanks to the staff member and he was very happy and said it was an absolute pleasure to meet you.

I hope to see you again

Windsor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

highly recommend this hotel for your stay, we booked a mid-week break and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

We were able to take our dog and had a lovely room, very airy. Had a great night's sleep the bed was so comfortable.

The food in both the restaurant and bar was of a very high standard and large portions. Breakfast was also very good.

The hotel was very friendly and accommodating, there was an old fashioned element mixed in with the new and both worked very well. Great views.

Highly recommend this hotel for your stay. If we are ever in this area again, we will definately book this hotel again.

Room Tip: We only saw our room, which was room 8, it was far better than we would have expected, the bathroom...