We stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights on a Living Social deal and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From the moment we parked in the car park and looked out over the beautiful hills to checkout our experience was second to none. We were greeted by a friendly young man at reception (sorry didn't get his name) who checked us in then took us to our room on the first floor (3) and wow! it overlooked the same fabulous view over fields of sheep and rolling hills. This was a great start to a wonderful couple of days. As we arrived on a Sunday afternoon it appeared this same young man was doubling up as barman and waiter but nothing was too much trouble and he performed his duties efficiently and courteously, wish I'd asked his name so that I could give him a special mention, he is a credit to the hotel.
Our room, as mentioned had wonderful views, was large, clean and comfortable with tea/coffee and biscuits. The bed was also large and we had two very good nights sleep, the bathroom was clean with a good shower, bath, complimentary toiletries and lots of hot water. Breakfast was hearty, cereal, fruit and yogurt, full English, toast and tea/coffee all well presented and tasty. Extra tea and toast was no trouble for the the friendly and efficient staff. We had two evening meals in the restaurant and couldn't fault either, the Sunday menu is particularly good value, 2 courses £14 or 3 for £16.95. The presentation of both evening meals was lovely and was an indicator of the wonderful tastes to come, the desserts are scrummy too!! Eton mess is huge. Compliments to the chef.
The hotel is ideally situated for days out however you like to spend your time. We went to Devil's Bridge to see the falls, not for those with walking difficulties, but well worth the effort if you can manage the ups and downs of the trail, then on to Nant Yr Arian and the Kite feeding station, spectacular!!! Aberystwyth is only a short drive away with the usual shops and eateries although we were a little disappointed with the state of the town which appeared a little run down. The seafront is long and ideal for a relaxing walk with seats where you can take a break and admire the view out to sea.
We will certainly return to The Conrah when in this area of Mid Wales, we really loved everything about it and recommend you pay them a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in picturesque Mid-Wales, the Conrah is perfect for both leisure and business. Relax with a drink in the new Valley View Bar or lounge, enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant, then retire to your room for a restful and relaxing nights sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your Conrah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrah Country Aberystwyth
- Hotel Conrah Country
- Conrah Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales