After reading some of the reviews on here, I was a bit hesitant at booking this hotel, but a friend of mine had informed me that there were new owners there, (who I know found out, own and run Harry's in the town). I have stayed there previously and was more than happy to book the Conrah. Beautiful house, the gardens and landscape that surround it are wonderful. The views from the dining room made breakfast and dinner a delightful experience. The interior is befitting a Country House, especially the relaxing reading rooms. I booked a double room with breakfast and dinner for my fiance and I to relax and unwind for the weekend. When we arrived we were immediately made to feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We had a room decorated in warm red undertones, new bathroom spotless, very clean and tastefully done. We also had a view of the gardens and hills beyond. The food I have to say was one of best I have had in a Hotel, always being reluctant to eat in-house, I can only say you will not be disappointed. And breakfast......well what can i say. Just how breakfast should be served, quality, hot and good timing. To start, I had yoghurt with home-grown raspberry compote, which Li (the fab and charasmatic owner) informed me had picked from their garden that morning....yes i agree raspberries in November, but she suggested I visit the garden to see for myself. And so i did. she was right! We also had dinner which was a real treat, the food was mouth watering and well presented and HOT, and left us feeling very satisified. We slept so well that we almost missed breakfast! Couldn't do that!
I have to say it is an effort to write a review, but after my stay and the effort put in by the owner and her staff it's the least i could do.
I will most definitely be going back sometime next year and would whole heartedly recommend the Conrah!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in picturesque Mid-Wales, the Conrah is perfect for both leisure and business. Relax with a drink in the new Valley View Bar or lounge, enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant, then retire to your room for a restful and relaxing nights sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Priceline so you can book your Conrah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrah Country Aberystwyth
- Hotel Conrah Country
- Conrah Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales