My wife and I visited for a family wedding in the hotel in June 2010. The hotel is easily found on the main coast road to Aberystwyth. Is is situated on the side of a beautiful valley and is very picturesque. There is a large gravel carpark next to the hotel. The hotel consists of a large manor house with bar, restaurant, and function room down stairs in the main manor style house. Rooms are upstairs and in single story buildings at the rear.
The wedding ceremony was held in the function room and the reception in a large marquee on the grass terrace. The food was excellent and the staff very efficient and polite.
We stayed in room 10, one of the outer newer rooms. It was very large and modern and all we could need. The views from the large window were excellent.
After a heavy night breakfast was very welcome. A excellent traditional fry-up with healthy options. the staff were speedy and despite a full hotel there was little waiting time.
Overall this is somewhere we would return to for a relaxing weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in picturesque Mid-Wales, the Conrah is perfect for both leisure and business. Relax with a drink in the new Valley View Bar or lounge, enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant, then retire to your room for a restful and relaxing nights sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Conrah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrah Country Aberystwyth
- Hotel Conrah Country
- Conrah Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales