After a long drive from Holyhead ferry we finally arrived at the Conrah and were warmly greated by the new owner. She showed us to our room and made us feel most welcome. The room #10 was even nicer than it looked on their website with a wonderful view down the Vale of Yswyth. If it hadn't been so foggy, I'm sure the view would be spectacular. We liked the little touches, like robes and umbrellas in the room and offers to bring us scones to have with our tea in the room. We were very pleased with our dinner, as well. Neither my husband nor I were looking forward to driving back to Aberyswyth in the dark to find a place to eat. The menu had good variety at reasonable prices and the food was presented well and tasted great. We had porridge in the morning - it was delicious. Our only quibbles are that the bathroom smelt smoky when we first walked in, that the bed is not a king size as advertised but a queen (it was very comfortable anyway) and that we couldn't get their internet to work even at the reception desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful country house hotel set in picturesque Mid-Wales, the Conrah is perfect for both leisure and business. Relax with a drink in the new Valley View Bar or lounge, enjoy a delicious meal in the restaurant, then retire to your room for a restful and relaxing nights sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Conrah Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrah Country Aberystwyth
- Hotel Conrah Country
- Conrah Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales