“Simply superb!”
Review of Tynllidiart Arms

Tynllidiart Arms
Ranked #23 of 154 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Great food & service for a reasonable price (especially when group block booking). With the smallet commercial brewey in the world (as per The Guinness Book of Records).
Reviewed 27 July 2014

From the warmth of the welcome to the delicious desserts, this restaurant is simply superb. A great combination of super friendly, efficient staff and excellent food. Jasmine's Creme Brulee is the best outside of France!
Looking forward to many future visits to this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Love the food here, perfect size portions and incredibly well prepared and presented. Slightly above what I'd like to pay for a meal, but for a special treat, it's ideal!

1  Thank Bridie F
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Choice of food so good, and what I ate was fabulous. Service friendly; a very cosy and comfortable setting; a good all rounder!!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have visited this pub a number of times and the food has been excellent in the past. We have always given a well deserved 5 stars each time.

However on our last visit this Saturday lunchtime we discovered the menu has changed. The 2 course special has now moved to Wednesday only and the only specials available were crab, chicken chiroto and mackerel (around £14 each) fine if you like sea food!

The place was empty when we arrived and remained so until we left.

We had drinks and left, the first time we have left without eating. Perhaps the menu may suit others but not us I am afraid.

Such a shame

AJAYANDCOLTD, Manager at Tynllidiart Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I’m so sorry you found nothing to suit your taste on your visit last Saturday. I remember your visit as I happened to be the one working – you’re right, it was unusually quiet that day! I recall you saying to me that there was nothing to your taste on the menu and that you were accustomed to being able to choose from the two-course menu. I’d like to bring up two points if I may;

Firstly, our two-course menu is still available but only on a Wednesday now as, in order to improve the quality and consistency of our food, we have reduced the number of menus we run at any given time. Running several menus is fine when using frozen or pre-cooked food as is the case in some chains and gastro-pubs. However, all our meals are cooked from scratch using the best locally-sourced ingredients and so carrying all that fresh produce for several different menus can cause wastage, not to mention a decline in the quality of our output. Where food is concerned, less is often more!

Secondly, despite the lack of options available to you, I did ask you whether there was anything specific you were looking for and offered to have the chefs make that for you instead of what was on the menus. This is not something we can always do as, when it’s busy, it becomes very hard to deviate from the menu but, as you said, you were the only customers in at that time and we would have been only too happy to have adapted our menu to suit your tastes on that occasion.

Upon your departure, as you were paying for your drinks, I apologised again and reiterated the point that, should you find nothing to your liking we’re generally very happy to adapt our menu to suit, therefore it’s a shame that you still left unhappy. However, should you wish to return for lunch we will, as I’ve already mentioned, be delighted to accommodate your requests, subject to availability.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. I hope that this response has cleared up any confusion and we sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back to the Tynllidiart Arms again soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Really liked the friendly staff. That the beer was great goes without saying, but the food was very good also.