“Brilliant Real Ale pub”

The Ship and Castle Pub
Ranked #39 of 155 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

A favoured haunt from my student days, I was pleased to see that the beer quality at the Ship remains excellent. Also a much brighter interior that the dark and smoky days of old.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Wanted to call in for a pint and had my son with me, a quiet four year old who would have not disturbed anyone but sat in a corner and read a book, around three o clock. We wouldn't have stayed more than half an hour and the pub was quiet. I was told children weren't allowed in! I hadn't come across a ruling like this for an afternoon beer since the 1980s. Bechod. Mae'n tafarn da fel arall, ond ddim i mi.

2  Thank ian d
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Excellent clean and tidy pub. It is well known for it's good selection of real ales. There is always a friendly welcome and very popular, especially with the many students in Aberystwyth. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

We currently live on the high street and the ship and castle is at the end of the road. Nice pub if you enjoy ales but can often be quiet

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We were chuffed to discover that there wwas a beer festival on during our short stay in Aberystwyth. Lovely pub, nice beers and good atmosphere. Will definitely be back next time we visit.