“Nice Chips”

Express Fish and Chips
Ranked #71 of 160 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Stopped here for some chips after going to The Acorn Chip Shop in Borth the day before and being left very dissatisfied. The chips here were fresh nice and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

It's a shame reading the only two negative comments below, obviously they are from the town and is wanting the express to lose customers or to make customers go elsewhere. This commonly happens on trip advisor. I have been going to the express for the last 6 years, and I am not sticking up for them as a loyal customer, I am sticking up for them as I have never once had a problem with the food or service. I have found that the other chip shops in town are highly priced and very small portions. Express are a good price as the portions are much larger, compared to the other chip ships, and a high quality, not only is it a fish and chip shop but its also a cafe - Top place!!

1  Thank George P
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very sad to see the dolphin restaurant has closed. We were regulars. We had to find a new place to go so we decided on the express. We had some beautiful fish and chips. Fish was a bit big for someone my age but I can't complain. Good value for money and I took the rest home in a box. Where's all this grease everyone's talking about? I'm not sure what's been happening but since I've been there the last 3 weeks I've had nothing but good service, good food and great banter with the young staff..
From Glenda and Phillip

2  Thank Glenda J
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We have been here every two weeks for the last two years for our fish and chips. Thay have allways been the best. But as of the last couple of months thay have been going down hill fast. The portions of chips are getting smaller and smaller. The fish has allways been of a good size and taste. But there cutbacks are going further than small portions of chips there fish has gone done to no more than a large fish finger with lots of greasy batter. Shame on you letting the best fish and chip shop in aber go down hill so much. We will have to look for a new place from now on .

2  Thank jasdon79
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Best chips in town, in my opinion. Shame the portions are small, even when you order large chips, it's not much different to a small portion. It'd make an awesome chippy if they were a bit more generous.