“Simple ingredients make complete enjoyment”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ultracomida

Ultracomida
Ranked #7 of 147 Restaurants in Aberystwyth
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: SY23 2LN
Wales, UK
“Simple ingredients make complete enjoyment”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My wife and I stopped in at Ultracomida in Aber having delighted in the offerings of it's sister restaurant in Narberth. We were a little early for breakfast yet they welcomed us in and made excellent coffee and the food we had, although simple, was tasty, fresh and filling and was just what we needed. The staff are professional and you have to run the gauntlet of their tempting deli on the way in and out of the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Why excellent?”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

It was an OK place but I fail to see why so many 'excellent' reviews. The service wasn't bad but not extraordinary either; the food was a bit over priced - £14 for a plate with some bread with stuff over it (such as a bit of prosciutto) ? this is not even cooked food. I'm not trying to seem ignorant and I do appreciate something different but basically there was no effort into it and you also leave (still) feeling hungry.

I would go again since there are not many options in Aberystwyth but for me it's not one of those places you really want to come back to.

“Brilliant tapas”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We discovered this little place by accident. I have spent three years here and was not aware of this little deluxe tapas place. When entering, you will get the feeling that you entered a tapas restaurant in Spain, rather than in Wales. The food was delicious and tasty, and the mix of different choices on the menu did not disappoint. Was impressed that they had 'churros con chocolate', a delicacy from Barcelona.

The only downside was it is a very small and compact place, thus getting a table might be bit tricky, and especially for a large group of party.

Abergavenny, Wales, United Kingdom
“Excellent tapas with deli”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I go regularly to Aberystwyth as my daughter is in uni. We have had lunch here on last 3 or 4 visits. She comes here quite often with her boyfriend and they both along with some of her friends get regular supplies of cheese from the deli in the front. Not a big place, there are two round tables with seating for about 8 or 10 on each, there is also a bar with stools that probably caters for another half dozen or so. It always seems quite busy but we have always managed to get a seat - although to date there has only been the two of us on each visit. Wide variety of tapas, some vary from day to day, all very good, which means of course not cheap just for a quick lunch, but not overpriced either. Large selection of cheeses, wines etc in the deli. All very good and a lot locally produced. I've not bought wine here but have bought quite a lot of cheese and some other food products. All excellent but again due to quality not cheap, but a fair price. We like it a lot and will no doubt continue to come here fairly regularly until she finishes uni,

Much Wenlock, United Kingdom
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We 'found' Ultracomida purely by accident, and we were so very pleased! We'd been looking for somewhere for lunch and had been turned off by other venues. The deli (front) section was so tempting, with lots of free samples and tasters. My mum chose a hake and lentil dish, while I chose a cheese and flatbread dish. We were firstly given olives and fresh bread, and olive oil and sherry vinegar for dipping. Deelish! Our lunches came in good time, and they were delicious too! Excellent price, just under £15 for lunch and drinks. We will be back!