A review below mentions "old world creak and charm".Well the Old World part is accurate and the hotel definitely creaks. Charm however, is a matter of opinion.
First and foremost, this hotel is an Aberystwyth Icon. Right on the seafront with a lovely view.Decent bar and restaurant.
However, I believe the hotel needs some work done. I'm not saying a complete do-over. I too appreciate old world charm but damp carpets in the bathrooms and a bathroom door handle that literally came of in my hand are just some of the numerous small things that need to be addressed. I'm not saying that all hotels should be hliday inns or park inns. The identity and character of this hotel is amazing, just that some repairs need be done.
One thing I can definitely not fault however are the staff. Polite courtteous and effcient. They are a credit to the hotel. WiFi is free and strong.
If they fixed this place up it would be miles ahead of everywhere in Aberystwyth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Aberystwyth's magnificent promenade, the Belle Vue Royal Hotel offers accommodation in elegant, spacious surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Belle Vue Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Vue Royal Aberystwyth
- Hotel Belle Vue Royal
- Belle Vue Royal Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales