i read the reviews AFTER we had booked for a weekend in February so I was expecting the worst. It is an old building which is showing its age. The lobby and public areas (dining room, bar etc) are fine but upstairs is where the owners have failed to invest sufficiently in the upkeep of their building. There are new double -glazed sash windows and these are good for keeping the warmth in and the noise out (although the promenade is a bit lively at 4am when the clubs kick out). Our room had also been decorated fairly recently and was not unpleasant. Where they fall down though is just not bothering to deal with obvious wear and tear - paintwork chipped particularly on pipes, carpet past its sell-by date, cracked surround to bath. Quite inexcusable. The proverbial 'lick of paint' would at least freshen up these neglected areas pending the thorough-going refurb that is needed. Having said all that, the beds were clean and the rooms servicing was fine. Staff were unfailingly friendly and helpful. The breakfast was ok and there was reasonable choice. The bar had a range of decent beers. We didn't dine in the hotel. The best thing going for this hotel is its location on the seafront and close to the town centre, but it could be so much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Aberystwyth's magnificent promenade, the Belle Vue Royal Hotel offers accommodation in elegant, spacious surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and LateRooms so you can book your Belle Vue Royal Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Belle Vue Royal Aberystwyth
- Hotel Belle Vue Royal
- Belle Vue Royal Hotel Aberystwyth, Wales