Gwesty'r Marine Hotel
Conrah Hotel(Aberystwyth)
US$121
Richmond Hotel(Aberystwyth)
US$135
Aberystwyth Park Lodge Hotel(Aberystwyth)(Great Value!)
US$78
Priceline
Gwesty Cymru(Aberystwyth)
US$157
  • Beachfront
US$90
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewbuffet styleseafront locationsunday lunchwould stay againlovely roombreakfast was excellentbit datedsingle roomcooked breakfastcarveryironpromrear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2008

The hotel situated on the sea front and has a nice view (front rooms only). It is however in need of upgrading. Although in state disabled we had problems with corridor and doorways. Staffs were friendly especially in the restaurant. It was having changes as we stayed with disruption to guests (notifications on reception and doors etc), no account was made for this reflected in the price (unless you ask). Over priced

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank irsl
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I organised a conference at the marine and after having read the reviews on here - I nearly cancelled, but the thought of having to change my delegates plans and all the organisation I’d made, I decided to go with it.

from the way my conference was dealt with from the word go I realised I didn’t really have anything to worry about - I decided to arrive at the hotel a day early to be on the safe side and asked if I could check the rooms to make sure they were all ok (under the guise that I was allocating rooms for the speakers) all the rooms I saw were perfectly fine - the deluxe rooms looked exceptionally comfortable.

I had problems with the equipment I’d bought with me and the manager readily helped me sort it out and found me a replacement projector - which saved me a lot of hassle.

I always hand out guest evaluation forms for delegates to rate the venue and from the feedback i got everyone was more than happy with the accommodation and many commented on the quality of the food. The hotel had placed hotel brochures on the reception and I saw many of the delegates picking these up, I would have no problems taking another conference to the hotel,

• Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank k0zzy
Reviewed 29 January 2008

I decided to stay here after seeing their website and I dont regret it. Just to make it clear, I don't go looking for problems when I check into a hotel or look for ways to get money off the bill. All I want is a tidy, nice hotel with clean sheets, clean bathroom, a
decent breakfast and polite staff. This is what I got! But....

The decor in the reception badly needs updating, the views are a bit rubbish in the back - make sure you try and haggle for a sea view room and I wish I could check availability and book online.

That said, the reception staff were polite and helpful. And the breakfast were fantastic!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo
4  Thank mellte
Reviewed 22 October 2007

This is the second time I've been booked into this hotel. I arrived before dark this time though and noticed that there is a gym complex next door that guests can use. I hadn't brought any kit, so can't comment on that section of the hotel.

There were no reception staff there when I arrived, as they were coping with a "rush" of customers and were serving meals in the Dining Room. One did arrive eventually and I checked in before heading out for dinner (not wishing to wait in a queue).

The room allocated was on the second floor, faced the rear of the hotel (i.e. not the sea) and was ok. It was clean enough, quiet enough, there was a heater in case the night turned cold, and sufficient refreshments (no biscuits though)

However, the room was small and lacking in lighting - there were two sidelights on tables beside the bed, but neither light had a light bulb in! This meant a trip to the room door to turn out the main light and a return to bed in the dark. The ironing board provided (good), folded onto the bed (not so good) and so the bed had to be nudged to allow the board to open flat.

A notice on the back of the bathroom door did warn that hot water took a few minutes to arrive and this proved to be true. I'm never happy running away gallons of water like this though - I'd suggest the owners fit an instant water heater to solve this problem.

So it was a nice enough stay, and the staff were friendly, but there is nothing exceptional about this hotel and the few minor niggles were enough to make me think about trying somewhere else in Aberystywth next time I go there.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank Clancolin
Reviewed 20 September 2007

We have stayed at the Marine on a number of times.It has been our fortunate experience to always have a most comfortable, clean and well serviced room.Food in the restaurant was both appealing and appetising There was an excellent choice of breakfasts and ample choice on the dinner menu. Reception and service have been both friendly and courteous. On our last recent visit my wife was recuperating after a major operation and both staff and management did their utmost to make our stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple