“Only good thing about this place was the friendly waitress!”
Review of The Other Place - CLOSED

The Other Place
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2014

A friend and her daughter, along with my daughter and I were strolling around Aberystwyth on a sunny March Sunday afternoon and decided to have lunch somewhere. We are both locals, yet had not yet tried 'The Other Place' so thought we'd give it a try. Having two children with us, all we wanted were simple lunchtime meals. We chose vegetarian burgers, while the children opted for sandwiches, and we all had a milkshake each and between us paid just under £39, one of the children had the 'open goats cheese and beetroot sandwich' which seemed to be the tastiest of all our meals, just a shame that for the best part of £6, they couldn't stretch to 2 slices of bread. As for the vegetarian (lentil, chickpea and coconut, yet tasted like any other run of the mill vegetarian bean burger from Iceland) burgers - lukewarm burgers, cheap buns and under cooked chips with no side salad, presentation not very good and very slow service just to add insult to injury. The best part about the visit was the friendly accommodating waitress who served us!

1  Thank Rhiannon1104

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We popped in on a windy and wet Sunday morning for a hot chocolate and ended up having a light lunch. Sat and watched the world go by for a couple of hours.

Great food, clean and friendly staff.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We went as part of a large group for a Christmas party, The price was £25,00 per head for a traditional Christmas dinner, which was more than most places so,I was expecting a good meal for that, but was I disappointed!! Starter tiny as was the sweet, and as for the dinner that was under cooked and very little of it, turkey was on the plate with a little gravy and no other supplied, I had no pigs in blankets and had to ask for it, veg in bowls were hardly enough for one, again we had to keep ask for more, roast pots and parsnips rock hard. No coffee or mince pies, Will never go again.
I emailed them about the meal but they never bothered to answer

1  Thank zippyzoom77
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Visited on a quiet lunchtime. Ordered two paninis and an omelette, these took forty five minutes to arrive and only after we asked where they were. Paninis were good, but my daughter found a hair in her omelette. All in all not a good experience, many better places to eat in town.

1  Thank reeferbeefer
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Only go here if you have unlimited time.Had lunch last week. After waiting a considerable time noticed everyone that had ordered after me was now eating. Asked waitress about my soup - was told it was coming.Then I was told my order had gone to wrong table (not really suprised as I had already heard another mix up whilst ordering) - what is point of having numbers on tables if waiting staff take no notice!!
But what really annoyed me was after telling staff I had an appointment - when kitchen bell rang the waiting staff just kept talking amongst themselves & friends so kept me waiting even longer.
I will not comment on food as by now I was going to be late and had to gulp down my soup.
Not an experience I would like to repeat.

1  Thank Lynne551