“Lovely”
other travellers have booked this property
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Doleos in May evening sunshine
View from the kitchen door
Two luxurious sofas to help you relax while enjoying the view
Have the beds linked for Super-king
OR twin bedded bedroom overlooking garden and meadow
Very well equipped kitchen including fridge, dish-washer, microwave and clothes wash/dry machine
Dine out on Doleos patio and admire the views
View from the meadow gate towards the coast and you can also see the distant Cambrian Mountains
Really comfy sofa-bed in the lounge if needed and pre-booked
Plenty of books and brochures
Private parking directly by Derwen Cottage
View the glorious surrounding countryside from the meadow
distant views of open countryside from the meadow
garden path feature at Derwen Cottage
Patio and garden feature at Derwen cottage in 2012
Ynyslas beach and estuary near Borth, North of Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth beach and prom - lovely long walk to 'kick the bar' - a local tradition
Glorious Cwm Rheidol where the Butterfly house is located
Summer visitors
Spring flowers in the garden
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
NerysL8
“Lovely”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our few days wished we could have stayed longer. So relaxing and peaceful at the cottage and all home comforts for us and our baby. Definitely visit again. Convenient location for Aberystwyth and stunning views.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
23 Apr 2014
THANK YOU - DIOLCH O GALON - Delighted to have such a lovely little family staying at the cottage and taking such interest in our plans and ideas for finishing another little cottage. The little baby boy was adorable and contented and I hope one day to see him running in our meadow or paddling in the stream!
arnie207
manchester
“Perfect! Beautiful accommodation in a beautiful setting!”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Thank you for making our short stay so lovely. Doleos Cottage is perfect in every way - beautifully furnished throughout to a high spec in a beautiful setting. My son (aged 7) was in his element running up to the top of the meadow every morning (with our little dog) where you have a lovely view of the sea at the top.

Marilyn was more than helpful and even had a lovely welcome pack for us when we arrived, of tea, coffee break, milk, jam and more!!

I can not recommend this accommodation enough and we will definitely be coming back to stay - I didn't want to come home!!

Lovely lovely lovely!!

Travelling group: Young Children
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
23 Apr 2014
Massive THANK YOU - I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that my lovely, charming visitors enjoyed staying at my cottage. It's what spurs me on and knowing they didn't want to leave - well fantastic! I did enjoy my little run up to the top of the meadow with the youngster and his extremely energetic pup! Not bad for an out of condition biddy! I look forward in particular to their return.
LadyGrey1...
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday cottage in a beautiful setting”
Reviewed 12 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

We spent 4 nights at this lovely cottage. It felt very secluded but was only 5 minutes drive from Aberystwyth. It was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The beds were very comfortable and there was a good shower. The meadow at the back was perfect for our dog to run around freely. The location was stunning and looking out on the fields from the sitting room we really felt we were getting away from it all. The owners gave us a very warm welcome.

13 Mar 2014
THANK YOU. It was lovely to see my charming young visitors, with their very excited dog, stroll through the meadow. The view of the sea from the top gate is a magnet for me and I escape up there for my time out. It's a lovely spot for a picnic too so I hope when my visitors 'return soon' the weather will be sunny and hot so they may enjoy a picnic by the meadow gate. So very satisfying to have visitors that share our vision for our amazing little place.
Lynn C
Coventry, United Kingdom
“just .......lovely”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights, a lovely very clean beautiful place. A home from home - a lovely couple who are passionate about making a holiday experience the best.Thank-you xx

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: friendly, very clean comfortable experience
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
10 Mar 2014
THANK YOU. We have a vision and we can only hope we'll achieve it. We want to make this beautiful place absolutely glorious for every visitor to enjoy. Meeting lovely, lovely guests along the way gives us immense pleasure and we are motivated and inspired by their lovely reviews so we feel they deserve to thoroughly enjoy their stay here. Sometimes I can hardly believe that we were lucky enough to find such a place!
Nia W
Newbury, United Kingdom
“A delightful holiday cottage!”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

What a find! A lovely and well equipped clean cottage, a short drive away to the lovely coastal town of Aberystwyth. We had such a warm welcome and were delighted with our welcome pack of goodies which the owner had carefully chosen, bearing in mind we had 3 little ones with us. We will definitely return...

Travelling group: Young Children
27 Feb 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am delighted a lovely little family enjoyed staying at my cottage. If only the weather had been better!
There's still work to do on the landscaping but your kind remarks are so encouraging and inspiring. THANK YOU.
Karen C
March, England, United Kingdom
“Best Ever”
Reviewed 28 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

Excellent new property, clean, spacious and well equipped. The owner was incredibly helpful and provided extras such as bread, milk, coffee, tea, fruit, vegetables, orange juice and breakfast cereals all waiting when we arrived.

Directions to property were clear and correct. The surroundings were beautiful and quiet and we had a most restful and enjoyable stay. We would definitely stay there again and would recommend it.

A car is needed as it just outside of Aberystwyth but only a five minute drive into town.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Spacious accommodation with great views of buzzards and occasional red kite
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
30 Sep 2013
THANK YOU so much for making my day! Feeling exhausted after an extremely busy summer of letting I was delighted to read such lovely, considerate and generous comments. I never thought when I started letting the immense pleasure I would get from meeting such nice people. Sharing this glorious place with them was so satisfying.
Sophie765...
“Fabulous cottage. Pictures do not do it justice.”
Reviewed 13 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A very lovely cottage just five minutes drive from the centre of Aberystwyth, yet in an extremely peaceful and private location. The cottage is extremely well equipped, and is decorated very nicely; the photographs do not do it justice. The only thing missing was a full length mirror (which is just me being fussy).
Nearby attractions include the National Park which has three excellent mountain bike trails and offers some lovely walks, and the rare red kites are fed at 3pm daily, which is an interesting sight. The centre of Aberystwyth is only 5 minutes away, with its lovely beach, also the Rheidol valley, steam train, butterfly house.. The list goes on.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
23 Sep 2013
THANK YOU so much for your kind review. I have been meaning to get a mirror and now you've prompted me I will get one this week. It was a pleasure meeting you both and thank you for taking such interest in the planned developments here.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing