“Lovely house and owners”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Maesygelli

Maesygelli house overlooks the glorious Rheidol Valley
Bedroom 1 - Front Master bedroom with en-suite and stunning views of open countryside
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View from Maesygelli
Spacious lounge with open countryside view and French doors to patio and rear garden
Bedroom 3 - Front right bedroom with glorious views of open countryside opposite bathroom
Bedroom 2 - Rear right bedroom with en-suite overlooking rear patio and terraced garden
Bedroom 4 - Rear centre bedroom adjacent to bathroom overlooking patio and terraced garden
Floor plans
Glorious Rheidol valley which is just a 5 minute drive away
Ynyslas beach beyond Borth which is just a 15 minute drive away
Aberystwyth beach and promenade walk which is just a 10 minute drive away.  Look out for Dolphins
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 26 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Amanda W
“Lovely house and owners”
Reviewed 2 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We stayed at this house while we were visiting the area for a wedding. The house is an excellent size with 5 very good size bedrooms and lots of living space. We had one baby with us and were given the choice of cot size.
Marilyn, the owner, was there to meet us when we arrived and was very welcoming. There were some lovely touches including some bread and biscuits there waiting for us.
There isn't a lot in the immediate area although there is a nice little pub, The Druid Inn, within walking distance. However this makes it nice and peaceful and you're only a 15 minute drive from Borth and Aberystwyth.
Would definitely book again if we were visiting the area.

3 Jun 2017
Thank you very much Amanda for your review and for being perfect guests, taking good care of my property and leaving it clean and tidy for me - immensely appreciated especially in hot weather! It was a pleasure meeting you and your adorable little baby and I do hope you will stay again sometime in the future.
emmarosen...
Wigan, United Kingdom
“Easter weekend”
Reviewed 18 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We had an amazing weekend at the house. Marilyn provided everything we could need. She even waited for our shopping to be delivered when we got stuck in traffic. The house was lovely in the ideal setting with all the equipment you could need. Will definitely be returning. Thanks again!

20 Apr 2017
Thank you very much Emma for your kind review. It was a pleasure to meet you and your family on arrival and thank you so much for taking such good care of the property leaving it clean and tidy for me - immensely appreciated during these busy times! Delighted you are planning on returning and I will be glad to see you back.
Kathleen...
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Perfect for large groups or families”
Reviewed 16 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We stayed over Christmas and Marilyn had gone to great effort with a tree and decorations. This was very much appreciated.
We found all the upper floor to be very cosy and homely. All the beds were comfortable, there was plenty of wardrobe space, all the rooms were spacious and nicely decorated. The en-suites and main bathroom were large with plenty of towels.
Downstairs wasn't quite so cosy and homely, but there was plenty of room for our party of eight to sit comfortably. The kitchen was well equipped with plenty of crockery, cutlery, glasses and pans etc. etc..
The house as a whole was warm, spotlessly clean and in a lovely position overlooking glorious views. The nearby Druid Arms was a real treat, everyone was so friendly. We were told that the food is first class, we didn't eat there but can confirm that their beer is excellent.
We had a great time in this super house and would recommend it.

23 Jan 2017
THANK YOU Kathleen for your lovely review which is greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure to meet you and have you to stay at Maesygelli, especially as you left it perfectly clean and tidy. I appreciate your comments and will endeavor to install a fireplace - even if only for effect - in the lounge by next autumn and I have new red curtains for the lounge which should add a bit of cosyness. When I lived at the house I didn't want curtains as they interfered with the amazing panoramic view from the lounge and dining rooms and as the house is on a slope privacy isn't an issue. As you are the second visitor to mention the cosy aspect I best put some curtains up in both rooms which should make it better and visitors can use them if they wish.
I heard from the Druid that you enjoyed joining in the carol singing and I'm sure their beer went down well and helped lubricate the vocals! Hopefully you'll return for another stay at Maesygelli. Thank you.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Birthday”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

I found the house very comfortable, warm and homely. The only thing I did find a nuisance and confusing was the recycling rules, we had to travel 6 miles to recycle glass. It made me a bit unsettled making sure it all went in the correct bins.

Liked best: Just being with family and friends under 1 roof
Liked least: We took 2 small dogs, and keeping them in the rooms they was allowed in meant we had to keep opening and closing doors.
Friends getaway Large groups
17 Nov 2016
Thank you Ros for your review. Sorry about the recycling but the clear instructions were up on the side of the kitchen unit - containers for recyclable items, cooked food, compost foods and general waste provided and explained by me on your arrival. Unfortunately the Council doesn't collect glass and all I ask is that if visitors go to Morrisons supermarket (best in area) that they pop the glass into the recycling banks there. I do provide a container for glass but find it quite a chore to dispose of a huge amount of bottles after celebrations are held at the house. I hope that Council rules on waste disposal won't put you off staying again, especially as you were so very complementary about the house and location in your email after your stay.
rejeeshra...
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Life time experience at this beautifull valley and appartment”
Reviewed 7 August 2016 for a stay in June 2016

it was a great experience at this beautiful house and cute village.
nice places to walk around and calm environment for a fully relaxing holiday.
I recommended my friends and they also booked for next week.
thanks to Marilyn for such a warm welcome and assistance and guidance to prepare for this trip.
Looking forward for another trip to this beautiful valley and cute house again.

Thanks again
Rejeesh

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, stay, silence, nature
Liked least: we spent less time
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
8 Aug 2016
Thank you Rajeesh for your very kind review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back again soon. Thank you for recommending to others who I'm sure will also enjoy the glorious area, the peace and amazing views.
Andy W
Altrincham, United Kingdom
“What a great holiday home!”
Reviewed 12 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We stayed at Maesygelli at New Year with 2 other families and had a fabulous time. Marilyn (the owner) made us feel really welcome on arrival and the Christmas decorations were a lovely touch. Not to mention the fresh bread, milk, jams and mince pies that Marilyn left for us. The house was immaculately clean and the clean white linen gave it a nice high quality hotel feel. It was really well equipped with flat screen tv and lots of seating in the living room and a great dining room to comfortably seat 10+. The kitchen was also well equipped for catering for large groups. The local pub “The Druids Inn” is definitely worth a visit and not even a 10 minute walk away. The food there was exceptional, without doubt the best steak and ale pie I’ve ever eaten. Would highly recommend Maesygelli to anyone thinking of going – we certainly wouldn’t hesitate to book again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quality of the property and value for money
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
12 Jan 2016
Thank you so, so much for such a generous review, absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay. I will continue to improve wherever I can as I love having visitors staying at Maesygelli and experiencing the glorious location and all the local amenities. Thank you too for taking such good care of the property and leaving it clean and tidy for me - immensely appreciated! I look forward to welcoming you back.
Claire O
“Mrs ”
Reviewed 17 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Absolutely fantastic cottage, we were a family group of 3 generations and we all loved it. What made it even better was an unexpected welcome basket of fresh bread, Welsh cakes, milk, butter & jams (tea, sugar & condiments in the cupboards also) Great for just a chill out and a great base for walking and spotting Red Kites. Everything you need is here, thank you Marylin I'm sure we'll be back again xx

17 Jul 2015
THANK YOU so, so much for your very kind review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and it was a pleasure to meet you all - especially mum and grandmum who were obviously very excited about the graduation! It's always nice to have lovely families staying at the house as it reminds me of my grandchildren staying there with me and my husband. Taking them out on their scooters around the very safe county lanes was such a pleasure.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing